Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Range Finder Advice

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr McSimon View Post
    I'd say 2500 meters or so. Mostly in the 300-500 meter range currently, but I do have a standing invite to joint a long range shooting team, so a Ruger Precision Rifle may be in my near future, and then we're talking a mile plus.

I've got a Romeo 4T that I like a lot, and was looking at the Sig offerings as a starting point. Sounds like possibly a finish line too.
    Some good suggestions here already from members. But if you are going to be ranging 2500 meters, you will need some expensive kit to make anything happen at that range. A RPR rifle won't touch that distance. You will need a ChevTac or something that will really reach out and touch. 1609 meters is a mile.

What it sounds like you need in my opinion is just a sig kilo2000. It will range anything you will be able to shoot with 308, 6.5, 300 win, etc, etc. If your going to actually be needing to range and shoot targets farther, you will need to put it on a good tripod, etc. I think a kilo 2000 is perfect, cost effective and works for 99.999 percent of shooting. And you can find lightly used ones pop up sometimes for 200 bucks. The sig 2200 as mentioned is a really good rangefinder also.
    Last edited by Jwknutson17; 10-17-18 at 08:37.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I tend to agree. And don't forget about the P365, awesome little pistol!
    Sig has pistols???
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I have a Vortex Ranger 1300. I'd sure like one that goes to 2200 just for fun but have no actual use for that..... for now 1300 is a good range for me to work within. The Ranger is also a dang good 6X monocular at the same time.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Another Sig here. I have the 2000 and it has been very reliable.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    I have a SIG2000 that I’ve used for the last year and love it. Ranges much faster than most others on the market and I’ve ranted things out past a mile (can’t remember exact yardage but I think it was close to 1800).

I also just acquired a second unit that I don’t really need, so I was planning on listing it soon. PM me if interested.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned Christiansen View Post
    I have a Vortex Ranger 1300. I'd sure like one that goes to 2200 just for fun but have no actual use for that..... for now 1300 is a good range for me to work within. The Ranger is also a dang good 6X monocular at the same time.
    I’ve wanted this one for a while, glad to hear it’s solid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    There are guys always “upgrading” their range finders for the latest and greatest. You can likely pick up an awesome used LRF for a great deal. Something like a lica 1600B would be a great find.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Another vote for the Sig 2200. I’ve hit 1600 with mine pretty regularly, and hit 1760 once of twice. Awesome unit for the $$ spent. You can get more, but the next jump is s big increase in $$.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    I'd say 2500 meters or so. Mostly in the 300-500 meter range currently, but I do have a standing invite to joint a long range shooting team, so a Ruger Precision Rifle may be in my near future, and then we're talking a mile plus.
    Vortex range finders are great ranger finders but none of their offerings are going to give you a 2500m read.
    What RPR are you looking at with that kind of range?
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Another vote for the Sig Kilo2000 or Kilo2200MR. Add a tripod adapter (or just gently clamp the rangefinder in something like a hogsaddle) for lazing longer ranges and you'll be able to range anything you're likely to hit with an RPR.

I've also had good luck with the Bushnell Elite 1 Mile ARC range finder (I prefer it's horizontal profile and it has a built in tripod mounting point on the bottom), but the Sig is just as capable for less money.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast