Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Doctor Who (British tv show)

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    Tom Baker IS Doctor Who. You can close the thread now.
    And Peter Davison. Otherwise...

/thread
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    I tend to agree, but I think it's like the 007 debate, it seems whom ever is playing the part when you get into it is your favorite Dr Who/007.
    Roger Moore was Fleming's blunt instrument when I was born and growing up. I think he is the WORSE Bond ever and he admitted his films were the worst in the franchise (though that has more to do with writers/directors than him) in several interviews before his death. Best Bond ever was Sean Connery and the next IMHO is Daniel Craig.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    Roger Moore was Fleming's blunt instrument when I was born and growing up. I think he is the WORSE Bond ever and he admitted his films were the worst in the franchise (though that has more to do with writers/directors than him) in several interviews before his death. Best Bond ever was Sean Connery and the next IMHO is Daniel Craig.
    And as I grew up with Connery and Moore, I enjoyed Moore as Bond and have some very fond memories of Moore as Bond. My favorite Bond movie to this day is probably Live and Let Die.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Moore was good for the gadget/fun/adventure Bond. Connery was good for the Cold War sophisticated middle-aged spy bond. Timothy Dalton was good as the cool "don't mess with me Bond." Pierce Brosnan most looked the part. And Daniel Craig is supposedly the closest to the Bond in the novels. So take your pick.

To me only George Lazenby didn't really make enough of an impression to have any lasting effect. I call him the "understudy" Bond.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    Moore was good for the gadget/fun/adventure Bond. Connery was good for the Cold War sophisticated middle-aged spy bond. Timothy Dalton was good as the cool "don't mess with me Bond." Pierce Brosnan most looked the part. And Daniel Craig is supposedly the closest to the Bond in the novels. So take your pick.

To me only George Lazenby didn't really make enough of an impression to have any lasting effect. I call him the "understudy" Bond.
    Benedict Cumberbatch WILL BE the BEST Bond... once he gets the role. Watch some of his "Sherlock!" work - he's practically auditioning.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    Benedict Cumberbatch WILL BE the BEST Bond... once he gets the role. Watch some of his "Sherlock!" work - he's practically auditioning.
    He's an outstanding actor but visually, really difficult to see him as Bond.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I think he is the worst Sherlock.

Jeremy Brett will always forever be the greatest Sherlock. I'm even a member of the late actor's fan club for his Granada television series where he took Sherlock to the masses, I wished I saw his stage performance of Sherlock when he was touring before his death.
    Last edited by Moose-Knuckle; 11-02-18 at 17:38.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Oh save us from an SJW Bond. As an aside, Sherlock is not one who eschews life in London and looks like he hasn’t eaten this month. Sherlock should be a real man with a real man’s faults and habits.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    I think he is the worst Sherlock.

Jeremy Brett will always forever be the greatest Sherlock. I'm even a member of the late actor's fan club for his Granada television series where he took Sherlock to the masses, I wished I saw his stage performance of Sherlock when he was touring before his death.
    Jeremy Brett will always be the one, only, and true Sherlock in my book. Came upon the show on PBS when I was a kid one night. Was so intrigued by the performance and writing that I went to the library the next day, checked out the complete works, and for the next few days all I did was read in my spare time... which in turn opened up the door to even more literary classics. As much as I like the Cumberbatch's performance in the updated series, I very seriously doubt had I saw it back then I would've been as impressed or my bookcases as filled as they are today.
    Our Liberties we prize and our Rights we will defend.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Indeed, Brett as Holmes was superb. David Burke was also excellent as Dr Watson.

I could not stand the old movies which portrayed Watson as a buffoon. He was a British Army medical doctor, and a veteran of the Afghan campaigns. Watson was definitely a badass in his own right.

I have the entire Granada Television series on DVD, and enjoy it a great deal. Usually with a glass of single malt Scotch, and a pipe of Dunhill tobacco.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast