Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Retired ATF agent says AR-15 rifles should be regulated like machine guns

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Retired ATF agent says AR-15 rifles should be regulated like machine guns

Members and mods of this very board advocated for this idea during the post Sandy Hook panic.

https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/41...e-machine-guns
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    Anybody that owns or sells pistol versions of assault rifles is a bottom feeder, irregardless of the ban status of certain ammunition.

They are illigetimate weapons that have no real purpose other than to attract retards to the gun community.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    **** that! There should be no NFA! There should be no BATFE!
    Last edited by THCDDM4; 11-03-18 at 12:50.
    We interrupt this programme to bring you an important news bulletin: the suspect in the Happy Times All-Girl Glee Club slaying has fled the scene and has managed to elude the police. He is armed and dangerous, and has been spotted in the West Side area, armed with a meat cleaver in one hand and his genitals in the other...

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    As much of a struggle just getting suppressors de-regulated has been, why the F would we give up our ability to to buy/own AR's without additional "permission"?
    Our Liberties we prize and our Rights we will defend.

Feedback Score
    Screw David Chipman. Figures a former BATFAG would support some bullshit like this.

Sure, register your AR. Then somewhere down the road another mass shooting happens (and it will) and they decide "That's it, hand 'em over!" Guess what? You have no choice at that point, there is no deniability or "I sold it to some guy at a gun show". Nope, you better cough it up or you go to prison.

Of course the powers-that-be would smell a rat right away when only a small fraction of the AR's out there are actually registered. They'd know damn well that there were still a gazillion that weren't registered.

Nah, no thanks.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Forget that noise, when discussing the left we are not dealing with reasonable people, we are dealing with people who would be members of the communist party if it were socially acceptable or if they were born in Cuba. No “compromises” to be made with people like this.... If our elected officials went for that, next to be put on the list are handguns, the mass killers would move to using handguns like the Virginia Tech shooter used, 10 round limit or not, it really doesn’t make a tiddly winks difference in body count.... And once handguns are there we will need truck control and control of anything you can make a bomb with, followed by sharp object control. The real agenda of the “common sense gun control” crowd is disarmament to implement further people control.

Now if we were dealing with rational people (and we are not, so I say not one inch more), I’d be cool with making AR’s & similar rifles NFA for the repeal if 922(o). I mean, every long gun I own is NFA anyway, so it wouldn’t change my life much.

Feedback Score
    It all comes down to SCOTUS and how fast and how they rule. We need a definitive ARs and 30rnd mags are Kosher ruling, toot sweet. Then you are negotiating from a position of strength.

ETA: It is funny to listen to McDonald, after Heller gave the individual right, that even with this codified, the left still could come up with all kinds of ways to make it meaningless. Registrations, fees, gun locks and others things that make the right hard to use.

In the next round of SCOTUS oral arguments, someone needs to make it explicitly clear that we, the people, have the right to defend ourselves no matter what their interpretation of the 2A. Blacks had the right to be free before and after the Emancipation Proc and 14A. If you recind the 14A, blacks still have the right to be free. Stop trying to say you are 'giving' me these rights. The 2A acknowledges my right and makes clear to the govt that they don't have the power to take away that right. If they try to take away that right, they are only reinforcing the need and validity of my right.
    Last edited by FromMyColdDeadHand; 11-03-18 at 14:07.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Screw David Chipman. Figures a former BATFAG would support some bullshit like this.

Sure, register your AR. Then somewhere down the road another mass shooting happens (and it will) and they decide "That's it, hand 'em over!" Guess what? You have no choice at that point, there is no deniability or "I sold it to some guy at a gun show". Nope, you better cough it up or you go to prison.

Of course the powers-that-be would smell a rat right away when only a small fraction of the AR's out there are actually registered. They'd know damn well that there were still a gazillion that weren't registered.

Nah, no thanks.
    Why worry about if a gun is NFA registered or not, if someone is coming to confiscate it you either nut up or you become a serf, there is no “oh, I sold it to so and so before.”

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticDisorder View Post
    Now if we were dealing with rational people (and we are not, so I say not one inch more), I’d be cool with making AR’s & similar rifles NFA for the repeal if 922(o). I mean, every long gun I own is NFA anyway, so it wouldn’t change my life much.
    That may be one of the most disappointing posts I've ever read on this site. Isn't it high time we learned that compromise does not work with the left or the right for that matter? Maybe you're ok with Uncle Sugar knowing all your business, but I sure as hell am not.
    Last edited by RazorBurn; 11-03-18 at 14:20.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    If split crotch panties are what it takes to get your wife to exercise, wouldn't that be a good thing?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Who cares what some .gov parasite thinks? This is all just B.S. to get people fired up.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorBurn View Post
    That may be one of the most disappointing posts I've ever read on this site. Isn't it high time we learned that compromise does not work with the left or the right for that matter? Maybe you're ok with Uncle Sugar knowing all your business, but I sure as hell am not.
    Enemies of the 2nd amendment are abundant on this board.
    Go back to the big Sandy Hook thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    Anybody that owns or sells pistol versions of assault rifles is a bottom feeder, irregardless of the ban status of certain ammunition.

They are illigetimate weapons that have no real purpose other than to attract retards to the gun community.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast