Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 92/M9 Mods - Trigger Job in a Bag

Feedback Score

92/M9 Mods - Trigger Job in a Bag

In the fairly short time I've haunted this forum, there seems to be a fair number of Beretta fans, but I haven't seen a lot of talk about the trigger job in a bag from Langdon Tactical. I bought my M9 a little over six months ago. It didn't take long to put some LTT G10 grips, G kit, and 14# hammer spring in it. The hammer spring took the DA trigger to around 8lb 2oz, SA to about 4lb 6oz, with a pretty gritty feel midway through the DA pull.

I hit a little over 5000 rounds a couple weeks ago, so I headed over to Langdon's website to get a new recoil spring. I decided while I was at it that I might as well spring for a TJIB and a steel trigger. Parts arrived mid last week. Took about an hour from start to finish. Hot damn, that's by far the best trigger I've ever seen on a pistol. With the 13# hammer spring, it lands right where it's advertised. When first installed DA was right at 7#, after about 300 rounds it's pretty consistent at 6lb 10oz, SA is at 3lb 6 oz.

What other mods have ya'll done to your 92's? Who's done all their own work to them, or sent it off to have someone else do the work? I'm not all that mechanically inclined, but this is probably the easiest gun to work on I've ever been around.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    I’m very happy with my 92G SD with his trigger job in a bag. My kit was older and didn’t have the new trigger bar so I need to get that.

Truthfully my life is spent behind most all Glocks and 1911’s today. But I do enjoy the big Beretta.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Langdon trigger bar, hammer spring. Worth it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My M9 has been gone a few years now..but I shot it for several years, and had right at 7,000 rounds thru..all 100% reliable.
    My mods were a D spring, SS recoil spring guide, 18lb recoil spring, Elite 2 Hammer, aluminum Hogue grips. Only used Beretta factory mags.
    The gun was awesome, only sold it because I went all Glock. I really loved that gun,was very accurate.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    I've got three Vertecs. One has been to Ernest for the Level II treatment. The Inox one has a TJIAB, and the third has the new optimized trigger bar, 14# spring and G decocker. That last one has a threaded .22 conversion top end, with a can on it. Makes for a handy Wednesday at the range tool. It's fun to do Dot Torture without ear pro.

Okay, I'm lying - It's never fun to do Dot Torture.

Oh, and both 9mm guns have Elite II barrels. They are ridiculously accurate.

I was in a pistol class with Ernest Langdon three weeks ago here in Texas. Very nice guy, and he explained some of his pistol tuning advice to the class.

I'm definitely a fan of his work. I carried a Gen2 G19 for over 20 years. I have switched to a Beretta now, thanks to his smithing. That was not a decision arrived at lightly.

The Inox Vertec will be the EDC, and the black gun will be the class/trainer gun. The .22 Vertec will go to the range for weekly practice. I'm a fan of that setup - carry gun, class gun, and a sub-caliber trainer.

Oh, and I have five PX4's......sigh.

The new 92X Compact non-railed decocker is a really sweet, sweet gun. If I were new to the Beretta world, I'd buy that pistol and send it to Ernest. It would be an incredibly accurate, reliable and compact carry gun.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I've got three Vertecs. One has been to Ernest for the Level II treatment. The Inox one has a TJIAB, and the third has the new optimized trigger bar, 14# spring and G decocker. That last one has a threaded .22 conversion top end, with a can on it. Makes for a handy Wednesday at the range tool. It's fun to do Dot Torture without ear pro.

Okay, I'm lying - It's never fun to do Dot Torture.

Oh, and both 9mm guns have Elite II barrels. They are ridiculously accurate.

I was in a pistol class with Ernest Langdon three weeks ago here in Texas. Very nice guy, and he explained some of his pistol tuning advice to the class.

I'm definitely a fan of his work. I carried a Gen2 G19 for over 20 years. I have switched to a Beretta now, thanks to his smithing. That was not a decision arrived at lightly.

The Inox Vertec will be the EDC, and the black gun will be the class/trainer gun. The .22 Vertec will go to the range for weekly practice. I'm a fan of that setup - carry gun, class gun, and a sub-caliber trainer.

Oh, and I have five PX4's......sigh.

The new 92X Compact non-railed decocker is a really sweet, sweet gun. If I were new to the Beretta world, I'd buy that pistol and send it to Ernest. It would be an incredibly accurate, reliable and compact carry gun.
    I was a prime candidate for a change when I started shooting the M9. It all just "fell together", if you will. Started shedding fat about that time, and got convinced I was going to master DA/SA, deciding shortly after when I got where I could, I'd start to carry it. Didn't take very long, either.

I want a PX4 compact, run a few mods on it, and have another option for a smaller than 92 hammer fired carry gun. Priorities.

Elite LTT is on the list, at the top. I almost think I'd consider a Centurion just as highly. I'd want to put hands on one first, though. Either way, in stock form they're all more accurate than I can be. Went to a class a month ago and was fairly surprised with the fairly high instructor praise on my marksmanship considering I've never really had any formal pistol training previously. I really want to start shooting IDPA or something similar, it's just not common here.

Feedback Score
    double post

Feedback Score
    Have any of you experienced or heard about issues with light strikes with the Langdon Trigger Job in a Bag?

Joe Mamma
    "Reliability above all else"
    NRA Certified Pistol and Rifle Instructor, Life Member
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Beretta & Sig Sauer Certified Pistol Armorer
    Colt Certified 1911 & AR-15/M16/M4 Law Enforcement Armorer

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mamma View Post
    Have any of you experienced or heard about issues with light strikes with the Langdon Trigger Job in a Bag?

Joe Mamma
    Only if you go lighter than a 13# hammer spring or shoot insanely hard primers.

I have maybe 1K through my Berettas with TJIAB and never had a light strike.

Feedback Score
    Has anyone added just the new LTT Trigger bar to an otherwise stock gun? Is it worth it without the rest of the TJIAB? I did pick up a slide with dovetail sights off of Brownells. Once I get back from deployment I'm excited to see how it looks on a stock gun.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast