Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: impending new brace rule next month

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    I 100% blame the weaponized Democrat controlled ATF for this clusterluck. **They** let an estimated 20- 40 million braces and braced pistol to be sold and now **they** flipped flopped again. Now DF Biden says he's going after regular AR's next and then Hi-cap 9mm's and the mags.
    Buyer beware.

The ATF never "flipped flopped," the greater gun industry just said they did. The gun industry lied in 2012, 2015, played dumb in 2020, now they want to pretend that they're going to be the hero in 2022...they're not. They're in business for themselves and nobody else. Keep in mind that the warning that this was coming came in December 2020, the gun industry relies on your willingness to blame politicians to take the heat off of them while they fleece you because this would have happened regardless of the election outcome.

Feedback Score
    Reading this thread gives the impression this country must have been founded on compliance. The early settlers would be so proud.

Modern gun culture will only have themselves to blame when the 2a is stripped.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Gone View Post
    Buyer beware.

The ATF never "flipped flopped," the greater gun industry just said they did. The gun industry lied in 2012, 2015, played dumb in 2020, now they want to pretend that they're going to be the hero in 2022...they're not. They're in business for themselves and nobody else. Keep in mind that the warning that this was coming came in December 2020, the gun industry relies on your willingness to blame politicians to take the heat off of them while they fleece you because this would have happened regardless of the election outcome.
    That letter you linked said the ATF changed their mind by declaring all previous letters to the contrary of that one void. Their definition of redesign is also ridiculous. The design of an object doesn’t change, no matter how someone uses it, it is still the same object.

The ATF created this mess, allowing all these things to be sold legally and now they want to try and fix it by making everyone a felon.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    The ATF created this mess, allowing all these things to be sold legally and now they want to try and fix it by making everyone a felon.
    All you really need to know is the extreme Democrat Communist Party, the DOJ, ATF and the gun grabbers want to ban ****** ALL ***** firearms overtime, in a step by step by step by step process. They ** hate ** all gun owners. Gun owners need to stay United as possible against our true enemies The blame game doesn’t get us anywhere and just divides us. There is nothing worse than a Democrat voting gun owner.
    Last edited by Biggy; 01-21-23 at 09:48.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I don’t know if this question has been answered. I have two pistols I’ve always wanted to SBR anyways. If I do the new form one for the pistols will I be able to simply switch a stock on them if they are approved?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PNorris View Post
    I don’t know if this question has been answered. I have two pistols I’ve always wanted to SBR anyways. If I do the new form one for the pistols will I be able to simply switch a stock on them if they are approved?
    Yes. It is in the FAQ of the new rule.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thank you. I just found the reference in the frequently asked question section.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Corse View Post
    That letter you linked said the ATF changed their mind by declaring all previous letters to the contrary of that one void. Their definition of redesign is also ridiculous. The design of an object doesn’t change, no matter how someone uses it, it is still the same object.

Even (incorrectly) framed that way, the greater gun industry still lied to everyone for seven years.

You've always been allowed to buy barrels under 16 inches because it's totally legal for an SBR with a tax stamp, it's just that the greater gun industry lied and told everyone they didn't need a tax stamp so they could make more money. Kinda weird to demand government hold your hand and deny the sale of a legal item. The liability falls on the manufacturer if it falls on anyone for not ensuring that information was clearly provided, along with the blame falling on the people saying it was legal while speaking from a position of authority when it clearly wasn't.

The 2020 announcement was while Trump was President, but blaming it on politicians is exactly what the gun industry wants you to do...and they'll even pocket some cash on that too.
    Last edited by Mr Gone; 01-21-23 at 14:04.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Even (incorrectly) framed that way, the greater gun industry still lied to everyone for seven years.

You've always been allowed to buy barrels under 16 inches because it's totally legal for an SBR with a tax stamp, it's just that the greater gun industry lied and told everyone they didn't need a tax stamp so they could make more money. Kinda weird to demand government hold your hand and deny the sale of a legal item. The liability falls on the manufacturer if it falls on anyone for not ensuring that information was clearly provided, along with the blame falling on the people saying it was legal while speaking from a position of authority when it clearly wasn't.

The 2020 announcement was while Trump was President, but blaming it on politicians is exactly what the gun industry wants you to do...and they'll even pocket some cash on that too.
    Damn those manufacturers for selling a perfectly legal item...

I built 2 AR pistols, 9mm and 5.56, because I was not convinced I wanted to register a SBR and because my state's laws do not allow carrying a loaded rifle in a vehicle (which also means I cannot carry a rifle and ammo together in a vehicle).

I was perfectly aware of the ATF's duplicity and that a braced pistol was obviously a legal gray area.

I discovered an AR with an 11.3" barrel is less compact but lighter than my son's 16" Tavor and that 5.56 from said 11.3" barrel is pretty boomy. I also learned an 11" AR-9 is a truly enjoyable gun to own.

The ATF hates freedom and Americans enjoying themselves equally. No one expected the pistol brace fad to last.

Andy

Feedback Score

Neat.

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast