Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: M1 Garand pic thread

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaDon View Post
    Simple. Out with the old and in with the older.
    Well, duh. 5 minute job including finding my screw drivers.

IMG_1982.JPG IMG_1981.JPG IMG_1979.JPG

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Devious6 View Post
    Well, duh. 5 minute job including finding my screw drivers.

IMG_1982.JPG IMG_1981.JPG IMG_1979.JPG
    Nice, it's a simple design to be sure. That lockbar is correct to your rifle, earlier build date?
    * Just Your Average Jewish Redneck *
    Participant in Year-Long Gun Fighting Training Program
    Competition Shooter in NRA, CMP, IDPA
    Past part-time sales at national firearms retailer, Never came close to breaking even!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I received this HRA field grade from the CMP last week. She cleaned up nicely, and has real good muzzle and throat measurements. This was the last manufacturer I needed to complete the set of all four manufacturers. Typical mix master, but it did come with a IHC trigger group and rear sight assembly if I would decide to swap them out to my IHC.

Now if the CMP would just put up the order forms for the 1911's I'd be done for a while...

Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    If split crotch panties are what it takes to get your wife to exercise, wouldn't that be a good thing?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PattonWasRight View Post
    Nice, it's a simple design to be sure. That lockbar is correct to your rifle, earlier build date?

It really should be on this one. My shooter is a 3.0 mil SN - mid '44.
    Hanging M1.jpg SN PIC.jpg

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Devious6 View Post
    Nice! Really early build. I didn't look up the year thou I know it's been around for most if not all of WWII. It was def worth adding the lockbar to it. Great display, who's in the picture?
    Past part-time sales at national firearms retailer, Never came close to breaking even!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorBurn View Post
    I received this HRA field grade from the CMP last week. She cleaned up nicely, and has real good muzzle and throat measurements. This was the last manufacturer I needed to complete the set of all four manufacturers. Typical mix master, but it did come with a IHC trigger group and rear sight assembly if I would decide to swap them out to my IHC.

Now if the CMP would just put up the order forms for the 1911's I'd be done for a while...

Awesome, congrats on finally completing all the MFRs, time to open a bottle of Jack! I really like the HRA as all the machining / receivers looks very refined, and I swear my HRA is lighter than my Springfield. Don't see any stampings on the wood, are their some. Mine didn't have any, was a replacement stock kept in inventory and therefore didn't have any acceptance stamps on it. How's the receiver condition, looks great from here.

IHC parts ... Yep, I would swap those to your IHC rifle and backfill with HRA

Feedback Score
    Nice! Really early build. I didn't look up the year thou I know it's been around for most if not all of WWII. It was def worth adding the lockbar to it. Great display, who's in the picture?
    According to the production dates, this one was made in May of 1943.

That's my Dad - Parris Island in July 1944. He was high shooter in his platoon and they sent this picture with a press release to our local newspaper...where my grandmother worked as a proofreader. So, I have the original photo and press release, along with his score book that you can see in his breast pocket. He was too late to deploy in WWII but remained in the USMCR and was activated and deployed to Korea. I'm still looking for that Garand in his hands - Springfield 2860035.

Dad - Large.jpg
    Last edited by Devious6; 02-07-18 at 09:30.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Awesome, congrats on finally completing all the MFRs, time to open a bottle of Jack! I really like the HRA as all the machining / receivers looks very refined, and I swear my HRA is lighter than my Springfield. Don't see any stampings on the wood, are their some. Mine didn't have any, was a replacement stock kept in inventory and therefore didn't have any acceptance stamps on it. How's the receiver condition, looks great from here.

IHC parts ... Yep, I would swap those to your IHC rifle and backfill with HRA
    No markings on the stock. Just your typical walnut USGI replacement stock. It has a 3-55 HRA barrel that I figure is it's original too. Other than normal field grade finish wear she's in real good shape. I've never been big on correcting them, but I figure since I have the manufacturers parts, I might as well use them.

Last edited by RazorBurn; 02-07-18 at 09:31.
    If split crotch panties are what it takes to get your wife to exercise, wouldn't that be a good thing?

Feedback Score
    I hear ya' on not correcting, but that one is just too juicy for me to resist. Help me with the gauges, what are you seeing ME & TE wise?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I hear ya' on not correcting, but that one is just too juicy for me to resist. Help me with the gauges, what are you seeing ME & TE wise?
    Yeah, I figure with how easy it is to swap the rear sight, and the trigger group on the IHC I should go ahead and do it.

CMP tag listed muzzle wear at 2+, and throat at 3. It's just barely a 2 at the muzzle on my CMP gauge, and 2 on my Brownells throat gauge. So it has real nice barrel specs.

Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast