Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 LastLast

Thread: Game Of Thrones Season 8 Predictions and Discussion

Feedback Score
    I would have reminded the Worm guy to watch his mouth as he is in unfriendly lands with out his air support....

Bran reminds me of carnie fortune tellers- what has happened had to happen for all this to happen-ooooohhh spooky. The other is making snarky comments AFTER something has happened that seem insightful, but would have been much more useful if said before the event. Bran is basically comes across as an overly self-medicated Little Lewbowski.

Why exactly was the North excised from the other kingdoms? No way that can come back to bite them.

I only recognized 2/3 of the people at the Nobel's council- and why was Arya there?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    I would have reminded the Worm guy to watch his mouth as he is in unfriendly lands with out his air support....

Bran reminds me of carnie fortune tellers- what has happened had to happen for all this to happen-ooooohhh spooky. The other is making snarky comments AFTER something has happened that seem insightful, but would have been much more useful if said before the event. Bran is basically comes across as an overly self-medicated Little Lewbowski.

Why exactly was the North excised from the other kingdoms? No way that can come back to bite them.

I only recognized 2/3 of the people at the Nobel's council- and why was Arya there?
    Yeah, Sansa casually mentions the long history of an independent North...which basically only started with Robb, and everyone's just like, "Okay." Dorne would have the strongest claim to being an independent kingdom, as well as the Iron Islands, but that wouldn't have fit with Tyrion's incredibly original idea of having the houses pick the ruler, because that's always worked throughout history.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Technically, why was Bran there as well?

I think as one of the most powerful surviving Houses, the Starks were there in force to counter any other House.

Though Arya came in handy when she threatened to cut Yara's throat lol
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sundance435 View Post
    Yeah, Sansa casually mentions the long history of an independent North...which basically only started with Robb, and everyone's just like, "Okay." Dorne would have the strongest claim to being an independent kingdom, as well as the Iron Islands, but that wouldn't have fit with Tyrion's incredibly original idea of having the houses pick the ruler, because that's always worked throughout history.
    The North was independent until Torrhem Stark bent the knee to Aegon the Conqueror. Dorne was taken by force later.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score

This is a five foot tall 90 pound girl that owned briene of Tarth 1v1,
    (Who in turn smoked king slayer and the hound- 1v1, granted, when they were sickly and starving)
    Wiped out an entire house single handed lay,
    And owned the night king 1v1- stopping the army of the dead when all was lost.

Even if her sister was not about to be queen of the north, her brother the three eyed raven about to be king, her half brother/cousin heir to the thrown, king of the north, queen slayer, etc.-

She is one of the last remnants of the remnants of the noble house,

And a serious player.

Everyone there loves her, is best friends with someone in her family, has seen her fight, is alive because of her, etc.

She is the sole character in the series to complete the Monomyth journey. Others never had that capstone victory scaled to this setting, went down by hubris, flew too close to the sun, etc.

The blanks are not filled in, as is every other rushed and under developed thing this season,
    But why did grey worm not kill John or put up a bigger stink?
    Why are the Dothraki not raping everything that moves?
    Why are the current powers that be not scheming?
    Why is everything coming up roses for her family?

Because she could sneak off, poison all the invaders, take the face of a recalcitrant lord, etc.

She was there because everything was going to go according to what she approved of or was in favor of.

Her brother’s best friend became grand mesiter.
    Her sister became queen of the north.
    Her brother became king.
    Her cousin / half brother soul mate got to live unencumbered and free as he was meant to be.
    The man who treated her sister fair became hand.
    A skilled fighter backs him, with an offer that can’t be beat.
    A skilled, honest loyal and brave knight who served her family rose in position.
    Her weird cousin, on the straight and narrow with wise, honorable guidance, remains a lord.
    Her uncle, as long as he knows his place, and knowing he would still be in a dungeon but for Arya, remains a lord.
    The unsullied and Dothraki go packing.
    The Dorne royalty go back to their rules from a distance to do as they please with no issue.
    The man that loves her stays a lord and will be no bother.

It’s like she went from a list of those she would kill,
    To a list of good stuff that would happen to people with some arrangements for other people to stay off a new kill list if she has to make it.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ramairthree View Post
    This is a five foot tall 90 pound girl that owned briene of Tarth 1v1,
    (Who in turn smoked king slayer and the hound- 1v1, granted, when they were sickly and starving)
    Wiped out an entire house single handed lay,
    And owned the night king 1v1- stopping the army of the dead when all was lost.

Even if her sister was not about to be queen of the north, her brother the three eyed raven about to be king, her half brother/cousin heir to the thrown, king of the north, queen slayer, etc.-

She is one of the last remnants of the remnants of the noble house,

And a serious player.

Everyone there loves her, is best friends with someone in her family, has seen her fight, is alive because of her, etc.

She is the sole character in the series to complete the Monomyth journey. Others never had that capstone victory scaled to this setting, went down by hubris, flew too close to the sun, etc.

The blanks are not filled in, as is every other rushed and under developed thing this season,
    But why did grey worm not kill John or put up a bigger stink?
    Why are the Dothraki not raping everything that moves?
    Why are the current powers that be not scheming?
    Why is everything coming up roses for her family?

Because she could sneak off, poison all the invaders, take the face of a recalcitrant lord, etc.

She was there because everything was going to go according to what she approved of or was in favor of.

Her brother’s best friend became grand mesiter.
    Her sister became queen of the north.
    Her brother became king.
    Her cousin / half brother soul mate got to live unencumbered and free as he was meant to be.
    The man who treated her sister fair became hand.
    A skilled fighter backs him, with an offer that can’t be beat.
    A skilled, honest loyal and brave knight who served her family rose in position.
    Her weird cousin, on the straight and narrow with wise, honorable guidance, remains a lord.
    Her uncle, as long as he knows his place, and knowing he would still be in a dungeon but for Arya, remains a lord.
    The unsullied and Dothraki go packing.
    The Dorne royalty go back to their rules from a distance to do as they please with no issue.
    The man that loves her stays a lord and will be no bother.

It’s like she went from a list of those she would kill,
    To a list of good stuff that would happen to people with some arrangements for other people to stay off a new kill list if she has to make it.
    ...but then goes West and dies of Smallpox. That would make the disaster that is Season 8 complete.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    I can't figure out Martin and what he wants. To me, seeing Benioff and Weiss destroy the story like they did, it would provide the motivation to finish the books and tell the story as it was intended to be. I think he'd see a huge number of sales due to people being left so empty with the show.
    He is a boomer, comic book nerd, genius, draft dodger.
    He made a very modest living until he was 60 years old.
    My understanding is he has made about 60 million bucks since HBO adapted his books.
    About a dozen times the sum of money he made in the forty years prior to that put together.

If this had become such a big thing when he was 30, and was now 40, I see the point.
    His big output in these books was in his 40s.
    He may not have it in him now in his 70s to hammer out and finish the last two books.

Plus, the end is known.
    Many fans of the show never read the books, myself included.
    Only so many people are going to want a more detailed version of the last two seasons.
    The big urge to see how it turns out is gone.

Plus, if you were 70 with 50 mil in the bank,
    Why work?

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    He is a boomer, comic book nerd, genius, draft dodger.
    He made a very modest living until he was 60 years old.
    My understanding is he has made about 60 million bucks since HBO adapted his books.
    About a dozen times the sum of money he made in the forty years prior to that put together.

If this had become such a big thing when he was 30, and was now 40, I see the point.
    His big output in these books was in his 40s.
    He may not have it in him now in his 70s to hammer out and finish the last two books.

Plus, the end is known.
    Many fans of the show never read the books, myself included.
    Only so many people are going to want a more detailed version of the last two seasons.
    The big urge to see how it turns out is gone.

Plus, if you were 70 with 50 mil in the bank,
    Why work?
    I....can't argue with any of that.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    ...but then goes West and dies of Smallpox. That would make the disaster that is Season 8 complete.
    Do you think it is a disaster because you did not like how it turned out?
    I don’t like how it turned out, but that is not why I think it is a disaster.

I think it is a disaster because it went from plot point to plot point without decent development and the changes, occurrences, twists, etc. were too aburbt.

Key points missed in my opinion were a few more moments between Jorah and dragon queen, John not getting a heroic kill to complete his cycle, Hound/Mountain showdown was good but a Little off about it, no witnesses to Jaime/Cerci death, Euron was a cardboard bad guy, a little more explanation for the dragon shoot down surprise, more substance to dragon girl going mad, grey worm / John show down, dragon holding off the unsullied or something to show how he managed to survive to get to a cell, some empty villages, etc. filler to show how big an impact the night king invasion had on society, less abrupt time lapses after the dragon green kill to king moot to small council.

These abrupt changes are what deflate other long background,, epic worlds as well. Star Wars, instant Jedi girl, cardboard snoke dead, instant magic Leiah, new hyper drive technique rendering many previous plots pointless, etc.

These epic journey cycle myth stories are in the written culture of man for thousands of years, and seem to be pan cultural for prolonged oral histories prior to that. Man seems hard wired to respond to them. It’s not that a couple of hours of excitement are not entertaining, like a Michael bay movie. But there is an emptiness and unsatisfying sensation to them. What we are hard wired to respond to is not there.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Do you think it is a disaster because you did not like how it turned out?
    I don’t like how it turned out, but that is not why I think it is a disaster.

I think it is a disaster because it went from plot point to plot point without decent development and the changes, occurrences, twists, etc. were too aburbt.

Key points missed in my opinion were a few more moments between Jorah and dragon queen, John not getting a heroic kill to complete his cycle, Hound/Mountain showdown was good but a Little off about it, no witnesses to Jaime/Cerci death, Euron was a cardboard bad guy, a little more explanation for the dragon shoot down surprise, more substance to dragon girl going mad, grey worm / John show down, dragon holding off the unsullied or something to show how he managed to survive to get to a cell, some empty villages, etc. filler to show how big an impact the night king invasion had on society, less abrupt time lapses after the dragon green kill to king moot to small council.

These abrupt changes are what deflate other long background,, epic worlds as well. Star Wars, instant Jedi girl, cardboard snoke dead, instant magic Leiah, new hyper drive technique rendering many previous plots pointless, etc.

These epic journey cycle myth stories are in the written culture of man for thousands of years, and seem to be pan cultural for prolonged oral histories prior to that. Man seems hard wired to respond to them. It’s not that a couple of hours of excitement are not entertaining, like a Michael bay movie. But there is an emptiness and unsatisfying sensation to them. What we are hard wired to respond to is not there.
    It was a disaster in how they got to where they did. They ignored so many story lines that was developed over the seasons like they didn't even exist. It was like Lost. All this grandeur and development and sub plots for what? Nada.

Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 LastLast