Page 42 of 76 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: Colorado, Magpul and the Second Amendment Need Your Help

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Member M1A2_Tanker cannot post in GD and asked me to post this and see if it is a viable move forward. Any legal guys out there in the ether that could help?

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/241
    We interrupt this programme to bring you an important news bulletin: the suspect in the Happy Times All-Girl Glee Club slaying has fled the scene and has managed to elude the police. He is armed and dangerous, and has been spotted in the West Side area, armed with a meat cleaver in one hand and his genitals in the other...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SPQR476 View Post
    We just hear the Senate Judiciary hearing may be as early as tomorrow. Why do I keep hearing a train whistle in the background? Oh...railroad job. That explains it. I've got to get working on our statement. Keep up the fight, and we'll have a targeted list of senators out on FB soon.
    No shit man. Generally this takes weeks. Funny, they managed to get it to where they can run it through the day after next? Wow, choo choo indeed.
    I'm not fat, I'm tactically padded.

Tactical Commander Fast Action Response Team (F.A.R.T.)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SPQR476 View Post
    We just hear the Senate Judiciary hearing may be as early as tomorrow. Why do I keep hearing a train whistle in the background? Oh...railroad job. That explains it. I've got to get working on our statement. Keep up the fight, and we'll have a targeted list of senators out on FB soon.
    I didn't expect any less. The cash infusion from Bloomberg must have been generous- they are moving on this like lightening; with less than 30% approval from their constituency.

Representation my ass- it's time to start holding these elected officials accountable for their actions; otherwise they'll continue to run wild and do wahtever they can get away with.

I can not emote how disgusted, disenfranchised and ill I am because of this nightmare come to life. It has truly ****ed everything up; and I am not going to lie down and accept this shit.

It's time to show them the harsh reality of what happens to those who play with our lives like pawns on a chess board. We have allowed too much for too long. Our current list of grievances outweighs our fore fathers at this point. We are back to the days of taxation without representation (Real representation- not this Mickey Mouse shit).

SPQR476-
    If there is anything us Colorado M4C members can do to help; ANYTHING- please let us know and we will get it done.

Maybe we need to get together all firearms manufacturers in Colorado, gun store owners/employees, any retialer that has a table at a Colorado gun show, all pro 2A individuals and have a HUGE rally. Invite the media and get our voices heard in a more public fashion. We need to organize our cumminty like the other side has organized against us.
    Last edited by THCDDM4; 02-19-13 at 12:48.
    We interrupt this programme to bring you an important news bulletin: the suspect in the Happy Times All-Girl Glee Club slaying has fled the scene and has managed to elude the police. He is armed and dangerous, and has been spotted in the West Side area, armed with a meat cleaver in one hand and his genitals in the other...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Re: Colorado, Magpul and the Second Amendment Need Your Help

Quote Originally Posted by THCDDM4 View Post
    Member M1A2_Tanker cannot post in GD and asked me to post this and see if it is a viable move forward. Any legal guys out there in the ether that could help?

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/241
    Nope.

First, that doesn't even look like a valid federal statute if challenged, what power of Congress allows that law? It's not a tax, it definitely doesn't deal with interstate commerce, etc.

Second, arresting state law makers for doing their job (poorly) isn't the intent of that statue, regardless of it's legality.

Third, the DoJ is in favor of the legislation. They won't pursue it. And if they did, Biden would slap their hand as the DoJ is part of the executive branch.
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    We're working on our "Free Colorado" campaign right now, but we may not have it launched in time to stop this. At the very least, we'll continue to push it throught the 2014 elections. :-)
    Duane Liptak, Jr.
    Executive Vice President
    Magpul Industries

info@magpulcore.com

This is a personal account linked to a personal e-mail. Company affiliation and titles are provided purely for transparency requirements of the host site. Although factual company information may be shared through this account, any opinions expressed are solely those of the account holder, and not necessarily those of Magpul Industries or subsidiaries.

Feedback Score
    Screw that hippie infested state.

Come to Texas.

Low cost of living, no state income tax, large shipping, airports and warm water port, ground zero for the petrochemical industry and we are VERY gun-friendly.

...and no shoveling snow.

Seriously...stop fighting the ex-Californians....you'll never win with those people.

Texas is waiting for you....and we have barbecue! LOL

-brickboy240

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Well, we're compiling our "needs" and our "wants" for relocation right now and looking at a bunch of options. We want to win this, but we haven't had our heads in the sand about moving, either. Lots of things to consider, including infrastructure, taxes, workforce, climate, shipping, existing industries, and, of course, political climate. We've received a lot of interest from various governors and their economic staffs. We'll be starting to take a close look at those offers and start talking to folks soon, but we don't want to waste anyone's time...this fight ain't over yet.
    Duane Liptak, Jr.
    Executive Vice President
    Magpul Industries

info@magpulcore.com

This is a personal account linked to a personal e-mail. Company affiliation and titles are provided purely for transparency requirements of the host site. Although factual company information may be shared through this account, any opinions expressed are solely those of the account holder, and not necessarily those of Magpul Industries or subsidiaries.

Feedback Score
    Texas still has something that resembles a vibrant economy.

Ok, so we don't have skiing or mountains but I doubt you would be facing anti-gun legislature in the foreseeable future. That and our other plusses have to out-weigh pretty scenery.

You also need tons of plastics and Houston is ground zero for the petrochemical industry. We also have many wire makers near the Port of Houston and major trucking and rail lines.

Housing here is about half that of CO as well. STI, LaRue and others are located in Texas. Texas is VERY pro gun and pro business.

Come on down...we're waiting!

LOL

-brickboy240

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by brickboy240 View Post

Come to Texas.

Low cost of living, no state income tax, large shipping, airports and warm water port, ground zero for the petrochemical industry and we are VERY gun-friendly.

Seriously...stop fighting the ex-Californians....you'll never win with those people.

-brickboy240
    Ha! Funny that you mention this because my wife and I were just last night discussing moving south of Austin so that we would be close to The Salt Lick. lol
    I'm not fat, I'm tactically padded.

Tactical Commander Fast Action Response Team (F.A.R.T.)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by brickboy240 View Post

Come to Texas.

-brickboy240
    We get it dude! You want Magpul to come to Texas (Your posting this over and over is getting quite old) and hate Colorado. You want us to give up the fight, give away our liberty and beautiful state- THAT'S BULLSHIT and us FREE-COLORADOANS aren't biting!

This is a thread about a fight to save Colorado and liberty for Coloradoans- SO contribute or start a "CO bashing/Magpul please move to me thread"!

Thanks & have a nice day.

Page 42 of 76 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast