Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: NEW SPR TROUBLE ON FIRST RANGE TRIP. UPDATE IN OP.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    UPDATE IN OP.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Read your update. Any comments on the feel of the rifle? Any change in felt recoil?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    Read your update. Any comments on the feel of the rifle? Any change in felt recoil?
    Tom,
    The rifle felt exactly like a 20" should. Felt recoil MAY have been just a tad, a tad more than normal..but Ive not fired another 20" rifle in so long to compare it to. As I said, everything felt brisk & snappy as it should.
    Of course- Ive got a lot a shooting to do with this rifle coming up. But if she keeps on like this Im satisfied.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I am glad you got it sorted out.

Andy

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    I am glad you got it sorted out.

Andy
    Thanks Andy..and on the first try, too! Rare for me.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I will be trying out my newly assembled AR-9 tomorrow. You picked a better weekend for shooting by far!

Andy

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I will be trying out my newly assembled AR-9 tomorrow. You picked a better weekend for shooting by far!

Andy
    Throw some pics up brother- what kind is it?
    And yes, I went to our church in TN..out in a GORGEOUS spot, I just sit there awhile before shooting sometime. We have a range, a climbing/rappel tower/ropes course. So blessed to be able to shoot in private.
    Fill us in how that runs..Id love to have one myself.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    Throw some pics up brother- what kind is it?
    And yes, I went to our church in TN..out in a GORGEOUS spot, I just sit there awhile before shooting sometime. We have a range, a climbing/rappel tower/ropes course. So blessed to be able to shoot in private.
    Fill us in how that runs..Id love to have one myself.
    Hopefully I will snap some pics at the range. Its a FM Products Glock-mag lower with a Shockwave Blade Stealth and an upper I put together with a Spinta bolt, KAK (not KAC) 11" barrel, 10" ALG keymod rail and "sport" upper sans dust cover or FA.

I put the upper together quite some time ago to find it just was not reliable with Endomags (bolt compatability). Hopefully it runs well with the dedicated pistol cal lower.

Andy

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Hopefully I will snap some pics at the range. Its a FM Products Glock-mag lower with a Shockwave Blade Stealth and an upper I put together with a Spinta bolt, KAK (not KAC) 11" barrel, 10" ALG keymod rail and "sport" upper sans dust cover or FA.

I put the upper together quite some time ago to find it just was not reliable with Endomags (bolt compatability). Hopefully it runs well with the dedicated pistol cal lower.

Andy
    BEST O' LUCK!

Feedback Score
    So glad to hear of the success with the 42 coil. I believe it has a broader operating envelope than some other springs because it has more preload without a huge increase in area under the curve. It’s very “linear” . Jury’s still out on durability for me but I think the verdict is in on performance.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast