Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Do NFA rules apply for SHTF?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gödel View Post
    Those that would make that argument hold the illogical belief that the 2nd Amendment offers an absolute right to everyone within US borders to arm themselves as much as they want, and that has NEVER been true. The Founding Fathers didn't believe prisoners got to keep weapons, for instance.

The entire BoR is subject to limitations and regulations. You don't get 20 wives because you have freedom of religion, you don't get to incite violence because of freedom of speech, and you don't get to keep smallpox because you have the right to arms. Where the line is drawn is a point of debate, not a clear line.
    Rights are always a balance. Put me in the camp though that depriving people of AR15's and standard capacity magazines- is a clear violation of the Second Amendment- and one I would resist strongly.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    Rights are always a balance. Put me in the camp though that depriving people of AR15's and standard capacity magazines- is a clear violation of the Second Amendment- and one I would resist strongly.
    Put me in the same category - but why are neither of us upset about the lack of hand grenades in our lives?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Put me in the same category - but why are neither of us upset about the lack of hand grenades in our lives?
    Although I understand that "need" has nothing to do with it from a rights perspective......I've never really needed one and I tend to be pretty practical about things!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    What does it matter? It's the law, yes or no?
    No.

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    I must have missed something. I'm not an FFL, but my impression has been that 4473's are retained by the dealer. ATF can look at them or they can and can subpoena them in a criminal investigation. How does the government get their hands on "all 4473's" in order to pursue this scanning and digitization?
    No, they can't do it, because of the Fourth Amendment- but a law you don't agree with doesn't automatically imply that the entire Bill of Rights evaporated.
    Tell that to the NSA! The 4th Amendment blah blah blah! You amendments mean SHIT! That's like saying "shall not be infringed" while putting on your new tactical arm brace.

Those that would make that argument hold the illogical belief that the 2nd Amendment offers an absolute right to everyone within US borders to arm themselves as much as they want, and that has NEVER been true. The Founding Fathers didn't believe prisoners got to keep weapons, for instance.
    They didn't? Our Bill of Rights has 3 articles- (VI, VII & VIII) dealing with criminals and there rights. If you think your 2nd Amendment really protects you, go start a militia today and see if your not on some watch list tomorrow! The government can and has created legislation to regulate our rights- mostly pertaining to gun rights, you don't think they will eventually regulate our 1st amendment? Food for thought! House and Senate members say all the time that it is well within the governments right to regulate constitutional rights.

The laws today supersede your constitutional right! You and I cannot use the constitution in our favor anymore! The laws rules the land! The constitution is like your childhood yearbook, its fun to go back and look at the fun times and remember all the joy and happiness you had.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by elephant View Post
    Tell that to the NSA! The 4th Amendment blah blah blah! You amendments mean SHIT! That's like saying "shall not be infringed" while putting on your new tactical arm brace.

They didn't? Our Bill of Rights has 3 articles- (VI, VII & VIII) dealing with criminals and there rights. If you think your 2nd Amendment really protects you, go start a militia today and see if your not on some watch list tomorrow! The government can and has created legislation to regulate our rights- mostly pertaining to gun rights, you don't think they will eventually regulate our 1st amendment? Food for thought! House and Senate members say all the time that it is well within the governments right to regulate constitutional rights.

The laws today supersede your constitutional right! You and I cannot use the constitution in our favor anymore! The laws rules the land! The constitution is like your childhood yearbook, its fun to go back and look at the fun times and remember all the joy and happiness you had.
    You misunderstood. I said that Congress can and does regulate all of the BoR - no Right is without limits. And that has always been the case (except in the minds of people who aren't lawyers, lawmakers or judges).

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I assure you. Plenty of us are

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    I assure you. Plenty of us are

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am with you.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    Why do people believe all rights are limited?

There is one right that is absolutely, categorically without limits.
    "When I have your wounded." -- Major Charles L. Kelly, callsign "Dustoff", refusing to acknowledge that an L.Z. was too hot, moments before being killed by a single shot, July 1st, 1964.

Black Lives Matter. All confederate symbols and monuments need to go.
    Proud to live in a sanctuary city.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammer Six View Post
    Why do people believe all rights are limited?

There is one right that is absolutely, categorically without limits.
    Because those are the legal and historical facts. Why do you believe otherwise? Because it said so on your NRA renewal?

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast