Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3947484950 LastLast

Thread: Mandatory vaccination

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sid Post View Post
    The thing with RFID tags is that it automatically scans and records the RFID tag without specific human interactions. Tracking lot numbers is a proven technology but, RFID automation allows more effective tracking and eliminates potential human-induced errors manually recording tracing and tracking information.

Personally, an RFID tag number is more convenient in an SMS text message than a lot number scribbled on an easily lost piece of paper, at least to me. Of course, this takes us back to "big brother" conspiracy theories.

If in doubt about the effectiveness of RFID tracking, find your nearest logistics center and ask them about it.

Whether preloaded syringes are practical or not for something like COVID is apparently an open question for the D.O.D.

Lunatics are just that so, I don't focus too much on their crazy theories as it just gives them credibility! Yes, I call them out but, I also don't focus too much attention on them either, though I may get carried away at times!
    I’m familiar with RFID, but it is still an extra step and cost of the process.

The nurse administering the vaccine still has to handle the syringe whether it has RFID or not, record the person and lot#, etc. Its also an extra cost—let’s assume $1/RFID so that is an extra 100Million dollars to the cost if Biden comes through with his promise.

Can it be used? Sure. Maybe one of the pharmaceutical companies may try to adapt it and add it to their cost and logistics.

Are RFID chips reusable and re-assignable? That is another thing to consider since syringes are one-time use and throwing away 100Million USD is wasteful.

Preloaded meds are already in use in healthcare. They’re actually much easier for nurses to administer but I imagine more costly due to the preloading process. I really doubt they will use preloaded syringes.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Million dollar question though: did anyone having long-term effects get VA rated for it? Or is it one of those things the DoD denies so the VA follows in lock-step? (kind of like herbicide use in Panama, the DoD denies it so the VA won't include it on the list of "approved" areas)
    You know, that's a great question--I haven't a clue. I didn't follow any of those guys when they medical DC'd and I stayed in. You know how it goes, though: if the DOD says it, the VA follows.

Like all vets I have access to VA, and I had a TBI and back injuries attributed to mil service and certainly can get VA care, but as long as I draw breath and can work and get health insurance, I will not ever go the VA.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    Having spent 17 years wearing the uniform (corpsman, then commissioned), you are still legally and ethically obligated to follow FDA regulations with regard to med administration, doesn't matter if it's an aspirin, a vaccine, or what. Just because you are DOD doesn't give you the authority to go off script. You may not be sued for malpractice, but licensure boards will still yank your license. Been there, seen that.

It is true that DOD does enjoy some shielded liability. Some, but definitely more than civilian practice. One can still sue the DOD for medical ****-ups.

I was in over 9/11, got the 'new, improved' small pox and the anthrax, and saw the issues first-hand with those.
    While in the ANG in Hawaii, we still were required to take the oral dose for yellow fever and typhoid shots since Hawaii was still classified as overseas. I never understood that.

Feedback Score
    On pre-filled syringes: it’s a matter of volume. Due to the specific storage requirements, it’s not logistically possible to use pre-filled syringes.

On RFID: currently, most health care providers are setup to use scanning software which can accurately and quickly record lot numbers, mfg codes, etc. RFID would be redundancy when it comes to individual doses. In the supply chain, mfg, and distribution it certainly may be useful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PracticalRifleman View Post
    On pre-filled syringes: it’s a matter of volume. Due to the specific storage requirements, it’s not logistically possible to use pre-filled syringes.

On RFID: currently, most health care providers are setup to use scanning software which can accurately and quickly record lot numbers, mfg codes, etc. RFID would be redundancy when it comes to individual doses. In the supply chain, mfg, and distribution it certainly may be useful.

Not just volume, but also life span of the multidose vial (specific to Pfizer): if you pre-fill syringes, you have 6 hours to use them; then, you lose them. The vials can be stored longer. I have no idea about Moderna or the others.

Feedback Score
    Not just volume, but also life span of the multidose vial (specific to Pfizer): if you pre-fill syringes, you have 6 hours to use them; then, you lose them. The vials can be stored longer. I have no idea about Moderna or the others.
    I believe the Moderna isn’t as sensitive to store but still much more than other vaccines.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I haven't read all posts so forgive me if...

Ya'll know that the pharma companies have zero liability for injuries caused by their vaccines since 1986, and that the tax payer picks up the tab for damages, right? That's just for vaccines. Not drugs. You can argue their side if you wish, but what other manufacturer gets a get out of jail free ticked like that?

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gem1950 View Post
    I haven't read all posts so forgive me if...

Ya'll know that the pharma companies have zero liability for injuries caused by their vaccines since 1986, and that the tax payer picks up the tab for damages, right? That's just for vaccines. Not drugs. You can argue their side if you wish, but what other manufacturer gets a get out of jail free ticked like that?
    Yes, been discussed.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Having spent 17 years wearing the uniform (corpsman, then commissioned), you are still legally and ethically obligated to follow FDA regulations with regard to med administration, doesn't matter if it's an aspirin, a vaccine, or what. Just because you are DOD doesn't give you the authority to go off script. You may not be sued for malpractice, but licensure boards will still yank your license. Been there, seen that.

It is true that DOD does enjoy some shielded liability. Some, but definitely more than civilian practice. One can still sue the DOD for medical ****-ups.

I was in over 9/11, got the 'new, improved' small pox and the anthrax, and saw the issues first-hand with those.
    The system of silence goes a long way to tolerating bad medical practices. Add liability shielding and, you are left with the unlikely event of losing your medical license if you are held accountable. Yes, that happens occasionally but, the few cases I'm aware of were EGREGIOUS! Silence and blind compliance also tolerate bad practices that would be stopped early in the civilian world.

I respect everyone in uniform doing their best but, there are definitely more QUACKS in the D.O.D. then in the civilian world where not only liability is a bigger issue but, the fear of speaking up is not nearly as common and remedies for bad service are more accessible to patients.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sid Post View Post
    The system of silence goes a long way to tolerating bad medical practices. Add liability shielding and, you are left with the unlikely event of losing your medical license if you are held accountable. Yes, that happens occasionally but, the few cases I'm aware of were EGREGIOUS! Silence and blind compliance also tolerate bad practices that would be stopped early in the civilian world.

I respect everyone in uniform doing their best but, there are definitely more QUACKS in the D.O.D. then in the civilian world where not only liability is a bigger issue but, the fear of speaking up is not nearly as common and remedies for bad service are more accessible to patients.
    I totally agree that some of the worst docs are in the military for those very reasons. The military gets exceptionally good and exceptionally bad. All the average ones get out to make money.

Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3947484950 LastLast