Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 12" 6.5 Grendel Update 5 month Review

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned Christiansen View Post
    PS, that 1" grid surface the guns are laying on-- where can I get that? I've been using giftwrap paper that has 1" squares on the back sometimes on a target backer to facilitate knowing where to dial things. Works fine but if that stuff you have might work better so I'd like to know about it.
    I make my own clothing and gear, so those are cutting table self-healing mats commonly found at fabric stores.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The March would be quite an upgrade. I wonder if someone (maybe March) is making a set of rinds where the front one is larger? I'd find that more comforting than a single ring, even one that was say 40mm long.

I'm testing a March 1-10 and it's top-notch.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    OP, can share the overall length? Both with and without suppressor. Thanks.
    Politician's Prefer Unarmed Peasants

Feedback Score
    30" with the can and the PDW Brace collapsed.

26.75" without the can, collapsed.

Will be shooting a bunch of 123gr ELD-M through it shortly, in freezing temps.

Feedback Score
    OP, I have been looking at building something similar having been inspired by this build.

I'm curious, since your build is running well, what buffer setup did you choose with the maxim defense brace?

Feedback Score
    Hmmmm.

I have been planning a 6.5 Grendel build.
    But was planning a 18-20".

Now I am having second thoughts..

Nice build.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by IndustrialHalo View Post
    OP, I have been looking at building something similar having been inspired by this build.

I'm curious, since your build is running well, what buffer setup did you choose with the maxim defense brace?
    The short spring and tiny buffer than came with the Maxim. The buffer is 2.9 ounces like a carbine buffer, but it is really short.

The spring is short, but very stiff and provides very positive return to battery.

I'm doing another one with the SBA3 brace on a standard carbine RET.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Just ordered a 12.5 Atheris Rifle 6.5 Grendel Upper to swap with my 19.5" 300 Blk upper on my suppressed SBR. Posted in the wrong forum, but incredibly excited for this to arrive and getting out to the range to try it out based on your experiences.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    LRRPF52, you talked me into it. I’ve started collecting parts from EE to build a 12.5” Grendel pistol. Currently I have a lower with a pistol A5 tube, a BA barrel, SLR handguard. I’ll be ordering a Dead Air Nomad for it shortly. I think I’ll put my Leupold 2-7x on it as a placeholder, but in the long run, I’m going to have to score something with a proper BDC reticle. Any recommendations for a SFP ~8x variable for a short, field carried Grendel?

https://imgur.com/a/GNCNKlP
    Last edited by 1168; 04-30-19 at 17:22. Reason: Add

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    LRRPF52, you talked me into it. I’ve started collecting parts from EE to build a 12.5” Grendel pistol. Currently I have a lower with a pistol A5 tube, a BA barrel, SLR handguard. I’ll be ordering a Dead Air Nomad for it shortly. I think I’ll put my Leupold 2-7x on it as a placeholder, but in the long run, I’m going to have to score something with a proper BDC reticle. Any recommendations for a SFP ~8x variable for a short, field carried Grendel?

https://imgur.com/a/GNCNKlP
    Not LRRPF52, but I’m planning on picking up the Razor HD 1.5-8 since they’re so cheap right now (discontinued, I believe) and seeing how close the BDC reticle is to my load. I’m shooting 129 gr. Accubond’s at 2100 FPS out of my 12.5”

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast