Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Highest round count LMT 308?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    What I was trying to say is just that its a modular weapon that the manufacture supports the allows the end user to tailor the gun for specifically what they need it. There are not a lot of Semi auto 308's that can do that.

You can kind of do that with the SCAR, but FN doesnt really support the platform on the civy side. They offer a 13.5 308 barrel but their offering for long range is meh. They have DMR/PDW stocks, and 6.5 barrels for Mil Customers

You can kind of that with a Knights, but your looking at around 5k before optics for a 16 or 20 inch 308, then another 3500 for a shorter or longer upper that may fit your needs better.

To get the same capability in a KAC you would need to tie up 15k into that platform. Thats a New base model Toyota Corolla. that's retarded for. But for the cost of a couple spare barrels, there is Zero reason why not to take advantage of that feature.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Ok. I misunderstood your post.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Got the barrel back. Wow...per the scale I lost .63lbs...that might not seem much but it makes a TON of difference since that weight came off the front end.

I bet you could shave a full lb off if you went with a light profile on the barrel as well...but I opted to keep it the factory profile.

I have not shot it yet, but the 13.5" setup makes it much much more nibble...

I'll snap some pics once my ACOG is in.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yeah, I really like it with the 13.5. Didnt get an exact weight but between the LW13.5 and mloc chassis it totally transforms how the weapon handles.

Feels as good as a k1 and better than my SCAR, more capable than both.

Great platform.

Feedback Score
    I got some 155gr TMK ready for this weekend. As long as the weather holds, I'll see how the 16" CL likes them.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Looking forward to it. You have a chrono ? I bet they fly!
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Looking forward to it. You have a chrono ? I bet they fly!
    I do have one, I didn't bring it today, just doing a preliminary run to see how they shoot. Im hoping for some nice velocity and accuracy from these.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Here is Thor's Hammer. 13.5" pinned with FSC30. The cut was done with perfect timing, no shims/crush washer required and 11* target crown.
    Last edited by thehun; 07-14-18 at 18:27.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thehun View Post

Here is Thor's Hammer. 13.5" pinned with FSC30. The cut was done with perfect timing, no shims/crush washer required and 11* target crown.
    It looks good, but I don't ever want to be next to you when you're shooting.

So, I got some promising groups from the 155 TMKs. Although I used hogdons data and a primer popped about .9 gr short of their max load. Good thing that's the highest charge I loaded. I had inconsistent ejector swipes prior to that, but no other signs. I had good groups near sierra's max load so I will try there and try to get some chrono results for you Pappabear.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corse View Post
    It looks good, but I don't ever want to be next to you when you're shooting.

So, I got some promising groups from the 155 TMKs. Although I used hogdons data and a primer popped about .9 gr short of their max load. Good thing that's the highest charge I loaded. I had inconsistent ejector swipes prior to that, but no other signs. I had good groups near sierra's max load so I will try there and try to get some chrono results for you Pappabear.
    Those 3.5X35 ACOGS are my favorite. Great eye relief and reticle to go 800, if my memory serves me. Good to hear promising results. Send your load data with Brass used, primers used and powder and we can try some too. Markm has a ton of brass clean and ready to load up so your timing is good for a new great load. The fact that we have had success with MEN 147 ball ammo at 1,000, suggest some TMK's could be pretty cool.

PB

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast