Page 191 of 311 FirstFirst ... 91141181189190191192193201241291 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,910 of 3110

Thread: LMT .308 MWS Pictures show us your setup

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfpack45 View Post
    Mine should be delivering within the next couple weeks. Too late for this weekend sadly
    I feel you. I've got a LM8 LW16" on order that I should be getting an email about any day now.
    Last edited by tostado22; 10-28-16 at 07:07.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by majohnson View Post
    Are guys getting better accuracy out of the chrome lined barrels then out of the stainless steel barrels?
    Stainless will yield better accuracy.

I have 3 SS barrels, and 2 CL. All 3 stainless are under 1 MOA (0.6-0.75). My 2 CL hover just above MOA (1.1-1.3"). That said, I never really bothered working up handloads for my CL barrels as they are hunting/sub 600 yard plinkers.

With military surplus ball: my CL barrels are 2-2.5" with Radway Green.

ETA: I save my SS barrels for shooting past 600+ yards.
    Last edited by domestique; 10-18-16 at 13:01.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    So, I took a bit of a break from the LMT MWS platform.
    A few years later, after a few Armalights, Knights, and a DD, I'm full swing and back to LMT.
    My newest acquisition, will have it in hand next week.

Proper Planing Prevents Piss Poor Performance.......

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    A little bit. But most everybody I know can get MOA out of their CL. SS is under moa. I kinda like the 16 CL for running a can, but both are awesome.
    What about the CL do you like over the SS for running suppressed?

Feedback Score
    Added an MWS to the LMT family!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyyr View Post
    What about the CL do you like over the SS for running suppressed?
    I really don't mind if the gun gets filthy, and I run some surplus Ammo with ball powder and I prefer a 16 inch gun to keep the rifle handy. A couple of small issues. Some people would rather shoot themselves before running ball powder in their $600 SS barrel.

My good friend bought a SS barrel and wouldn't do it all over again if he had the choice. In his gun, with his loads he shoots .75 to 1 inch with his CL, and .5 with his SS barrel. So he didn't get a huge jump in performance with SS. However, he runs his SS all the time and keeps his Surefire Socom on it.

It's not a big deal and wouldn't hesitate to run a SS 24/7 with can if I had one. I don't baby any barrel. I scorch the shit out of everything.

It's a small preference but I prefer the CL. When you consider the cost increase, it does not make it worth it to me. But again if I had a SS, I would throw a can on it and drive 100 mph.

If I could buy an 18' SS barrel for $300, I would buy one but they are pricey little buggers.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 10-19-16 at 11:12.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Just depends on the end use. Many silencers can reduce the alligator skin in shorter carbine precision SS barrels towards the muzzle that helps out if that precision is required. If that level of precision is not required, than the more enduring chrome may be a better choice. Just depends on the use of it for which one suits the purpose best overall.

Feedback Score
    Picked up a new 16" cl mws a couple of weeks ago. It's a 4/2016 manufactured rifle and noticed the trigger bow and hammer are different from other pics I've seen. I was able to get in touch with Gene from lmt and he's verified that there was a recent revision. I'm waiting to hear back from Gene to confirm if mine is a revised fcg based off of pics. Here's a few shots of my trigger and hammer if any of you guys can confirm.

Last edited by AR415; 10-19-16 at 18:36.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Have not seen that trigger before, looks very close to being a flat.
    Proper Planing Prevents Piss Poor Performance.......

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hk_shootr View Post
    Have not seen that trigger before, looks very close to being a flat.
    The contour of the trigger face is noticeably less curved.

If this is a genuine lmt 2 stage trigger, it doesn't feel bad at all. Compared to an ssa and kac 2 stage I have, the first stage is slightly longer and heavier than an ssa, and the second stage feels just as good as an ssa, maybe a hair lighter and crisper. The reset isn't too bad either. Slightly long and resets maybe 30% into the first stage.

Page 191 of 311 FirstFirst ... 91141181189190191192193201241291 ... LastLast