Page 92 of 102 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394 ... LastLast

Thread: Froglube

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Even if lubrication and protection qualities were the same as CLP, Militec, Slip 2000 (or whatever else), I would be inclined to use for the simple fact that my rifle sits next to me 10.5 hours are day in the front of my cruiser. Having a product that doesn't give me headaches from the smell is a worthwhile investment in and of itself. I also happen to think that it works very well.

Feedback Score
    Just my .02 worth, but I've been running froglube for a year now and have had no issues whatsoever with either the paste (what I usually use) or the liquid version.

That being said in the past I used breakfree CLP as well and had no issues either, though after the reviews & comments on these boards, I eventually moved to froglube.

Feedback Score
    Is it me or does it seem like 90% or more of the people who are against froglube have never used it? Its not like someone is asking you to try a new religion, Get a sample pack for $5 and if one doesn't like it then move on.

Eta: not specifically referring to anyone in particular
    Last edited by Samson1; 08-13-13 at 12:19. Reason: clarity
    Got BCM?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I love Froglube, due to the fact I've now developed some allergies to other CLPs and lubes. With Froglube I can clean and lube away, without any allergic reactions!

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Samson1 View Post
    Is it me or does it seem like 90% or more of the people who are against froglube have never used it? Its not like someone is asking you to try a new religion, Get a sample pack for $5 and if one doesn't like it then move on.

Eta: not specifically referring to anyone in particular
    Well, you can count me as the 10% that did use it.

I forget if it was here or TOS that I commented, but I was running an LMT upper/LRB lower that pretty much refused to operate one morning on the range (ambient temps in the 40's, IIRC). That kind of turned me off to it.

Fortunately I bought a sample pack so there's not a ton of it just lying around somewhere.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Caduceus View Post

I forget if it was here or TOS that I commented, but I was running an LMT upper/LRB lower that pretty much refused to operate one morning on the range (ambient temps in the 40's, IIRC). That kind of turned me off to it.

Fortunately I bought a sample pack so there's not a ton of it just lying around somewhere.
    Not that it can't happen but That's odd to me. I ran 285 rds in my bcm/mega combo last November in 18 degrees with 0 malfunctions and I was running tula. I did run very light froglube as per recommendations though. Ill definitely try it again this year. My main point though is most people don't actually use it like you did before condemning it as snake oil.
    Got BCM?

Feedback Score
    At my last quarter qualification for work, the firearms guys had some bottles of Froglube in the cleaning shed. I had heard about it before so I was really excited to try it out as a lubricant. Plus its pretty cool to have a clean minty smelling gun IMHO. I was very impressed that it seemed to stay in place even in the hot humid monsoon months here in Arizona. I liked it and Ill probably try and get some once my bottle of EWL 2000 runs out.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caduceus View Post

Just curious, and it makes no difference what you decide to use or if t=you like FL or not, but did you follow all the directions. Th ereason I ask is because it seems that the posts I read where people experience problems with FL can be traced back to not prepping the weapon correctly.

Did you detail strip your weapon and take it down to bare metal... or bare finish ( blue, black, whatever ) with alcohol? Then did you "cook prep" the metals before application?

I haven't read many posts of gummy or sticky weapons after FL, but the ones I have read were always associated with improper initial prep of the weapon.

Again, I would just like to know for my personal benefit. In fact as much as I like FL, I got a free bottle of FireClean and intend to try that on an old Colt Cobra that is so gummed up the cylinder barely turns and no oil or lube I have used ( haven't FLd it ) works for long.

Feedback Score
    I used to shoot a lot. I'm getting married and figuring out budgets, etc.

What I'm thinking is I use a lot of oil, whether it be SLIP 2000, Hoppes #9, whatever. I put a lot of it in there, I scrub it clean periodically and we're good. I run the gun wet and I'm happy doing so. It's easier to clean and take care of.

I would like trying a grease based product that stayed and didn't leak on the trigger, through the charging handle, receiver extension, or on the trigger, etc.

I might mix FL and other lubes.

Why is that bad by the way? I'm not a complete amateur but oil is oil to a degree.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by samuse View Post
    Has anyone ever had any lube not work?

Some are thicker than others. Some stink, some don't. Gob the stuff on there and go shooting.

I think the word 'Frog Lube' sounds ridiculous, so I don't use it.
    Well there you go folks, a valid quantifiable reason not to use FL.

Page 92 of 102 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394 ... LastLast