Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: H&K Mags

A fortified location near Fort Campbell, KY
    Feedback Score
    You C&P'd that off their site, dinchya? I'm sure they'll prove to be excellent, but after the HK Experience others have reported, I'll wait and see before I go replace all my existing mags.
    Its all fun and games till somebody loses an eye. Then its fun and games you can't see.-James Hetfield

Expertise is nothing more than the basics done correctly.-Holy Roller

ATS Tactical Gear, LLC

Feedback Score
    Don't spend your money on the HK mags. I got mine for free, and ran some of them for a while. I decided I didn't like the added weight, so then I only ran the two mags on my weapon as HK mags (figured they are most likely to get banged up, steel is more durable than alum...). Then one day at the range I had a few stoppages with them. That was the last time I carried them.

Switched back to C Products mags with Ranger plates which have never given me problems. Now I am also running P Mags that I was given. I'm not sure of the cost difference between P mags, C products, and HK mags, but I would take the Pmags or C products over the HKs anyday.

Feedback Score
    At this time the HK mags are not worth the money- they have issues, and until those issues are resolved (if ever) stay away from them

I have been using PMags with good luck so far - time will tell - and good old Colt aluminum mags served me well for a very long time - but only load 28

be safe

Larry Vickers

www.vickerstactical.com

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Vickers View Post
    At this time the HK mags are not worth the money- they have issues, and until those issues are resolved (if ever) stay away from them

I have been using PMags with good luck so far - time will tell - and good old Colt aluminum mags served me well for a very long time - but only load 28

be safe

Larry Vickers

www.vickerstactical.com
    What type of issues? I have 7 of these and would like to know what to look for so I can ditch them when needed.

So far mine are alright but I haven't had too many rounds through each one, nor have I abused them yet.

Feedback Score
    I have both the USGI and HK mags. I see no difference in performance of either mag. With the exception of weight! The HK mags are substantially heavier.

If you are purchasing the HK mags out of pocket then USGI mags are fine; and will perform just as well at a much lower cost.

If you are purchasing the HK mags for the name brand then that is fine too. It is your money!

It has been said before here. "Don't marry your mags." They are a consumable/disposable items. If a mag STB then trash it and move on with your life.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Vickers View Post

Pmags have issues too. But at least we know about them, and they are fixing them.

I keep hearing about HK mag issues, but nobody is telling. Mine work fine.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Pmags have issues too. But at least we know about them, and they are fixing them.

I keep hearing about HK mag issues, but nobody is telling. Mine work fine.
    What issues are the Pmags having?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
    What issues are the Pmags having?

Feed problems resulting in two re-spins in the last 6 months. The first was for mags date-stamped 03/07 and earlier, the second for 06/07 and earlier. They had a free replacement program.

More on their web page, but here is a short blurb:

It has come to the attention of Magpul Industries Corp that a number of users have experienced feeding problems with their PMAGs™ due to unusually tight magazine bodies. The primary symptom is sluggish follower response, or snagging when loaded with more than 20 rounds. These issues are a result of dimensional changes occurring after the PMAG™ left the Magpul factory, and only affect the PMAG™ body. Other PMAG™ components such as the follower, lock plate, floor plate, and impact cover are unaffected.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    What are the issues with the 416 mags?
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Feed problems resulting in two re-spins in the last 6 months. The first was for mags date-stamped 03/07 and earlier, the second for 06/07 and earlier. They had a free replacement program.

More on their web page, but here is a short blurb:

It has come to the attention of Magpul Industries Corp that a number of users have experienced feeding problems with their PMAGs™ due to unusually tight magazine bodies. The primary symptom is sluggish follower response, or snagging when loaded with more than 20 rounds. These issues are a result of dimensional changes occurring after the PMAG™ left the Magpul factory, and only affect the PMAG™ body. Other PMAG™ components such as the follower, lock plate, floor plate, and impact cover are unaffected.

Those issues have been resolved so its really a non-isue.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast