Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Colt le6920 or bcm mid-16 mod 0...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The LE6920 is certainly a valid choice. I grabbed an FDE Cerakoted one from Arms Unlimited a couple months ago, and it was a smooth transaction.

I replaced the handguard with a Magpul MOE-SL (to help keep my fingers off the FSB/gas block) and snagged an STR from Buds for less than $40 (I really don't like standard M4 stocks).
    Last edited by grizzman; 11-16-18 at 14:48.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    If you look this direction, I can vouch for this vendor. Colt CCU, with better pistol grip, better handguard, “better” safety, better stock, better gas system, lighter barrel. - $1088.52 with free shipping plus FFL

https://www.gunbuyer.com/clt-combat-...6960ccu-c.html

You would still need to add sights.
    Check this morning and has gone up $100..

Was probably going with CCU, but after the price increase I decided the 6920. Really wanted some flip up sights because I could be awhile getting a good red dot.
    Last edited by Magnoliabreeze; 11-16-18 at 19:03.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Magnolia, you you’re getting a great gun that you’ll never need to change, or that you can drop different uppers on if you so choose. As reference for any future purposes, gun.deals is a great site to search for specific items. The Wikiarms price list is very useful.

https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/Colt%20CCU

Feedback Score
    Magnolia, you you’re getting a great gun that you’ll never need to change, or that you can drop different uppers on if you so choose. As reference for any future purposes, gun.deals is a great site to search for specific items. The Wikiarms price list is very useful.

https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/Colt%20CCU
    Oh wow...love this site...found a CCU for $1035...geezzz, might have to rethink this.
    Might wait til Black Friday for some really good deals til I pull the trigger.
    Thx jedi

Feedback Score
    Everything I’ve read here says you would be best served with the basic 6920. The basic 6920/M4 set up has everything you need and nothing you don’t. Don’t get hung up on Carbine vs Mid length, it won’t matter. Colt knows how to build a Carbine gas system, they’ve built a few. Get familiar with it and shoot it, a lot. You can always get something else with rails and such down the road if you want. I’ll never part with my first basic 6920 and I have total confidence that gun will always go bang.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    If I were to suggest a 6960 over a 6920, the gas system wouldn't be included in the reasons.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    There’s no reason not to get a middy gas system though. It’s literally a step up in evolution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Magnolia, I only shared that as a future reference, not to get you to reconsider. They’re both fine choices, as is the AR6720 and LE6920-R Trooper that were mentioned.
    Buy the less expensive option, learn with the same weapon (sans burst and 1.5” of barrel) that our troops use, and buy a CCU upper for $500 in two years if you want to move on to a nice handguard and midlength gas (assuming the world doesn’t end). It’s easy to get stuck in choosing the perfect option, but there is none; there is just different. I buy more stuff than I shoot, because I don’t have anywhere besides a 25 yd indoor range to shoot. If you have the option to actually go out and use your stuff, spend more of your money on ammo with a basic setup, so that when you do “upgrade,” you can notice the improvement.

That said, the CCU is really nice.

'Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill.' Basically, we can’t tell you what to buy. We’ve just presented several very good options.

Feedback Score
    Magnolia, I only shared that as a future reference, not to get you to reconsider. They’re both fine choices, as is the AR6720 and LE6920-R Trooper that were mentioned.
    Buy the less expensive option, learn with the same weapon (sans burst and 1.5” of barrel) that our troops use, and buy a CCU upper for $500 in two years if you want to move on to a nice handguard and midlength gas (assuming the world doesn’t end). It’s easy to get stuck in choosing the perfect option, but there is none; there is just different. I buy more stuff than I shoot, because I don’t have anywhere besides a 25 yd indoor range to shoot. If you have the option to actually go out and use your stuff, spend more of your money on ammo with a basic setup, so that when you do “upgrade,” you can notice the improvement.

That said, the CCU is really nice.

'Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill.' Basically, we can’t tell you what to buy. We’ve just presented several very good options.
    It looks like it’s about a $200 difference between a le6920 and a CCU. Gonna wait til after Black Friday before I order something. Right now, leaning towards spending the extra $200 for the CCU. Gonna have to get some iron sights though til I can save back up for a nice red dot if I go that route.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    What is your experience with ARs? As in, have you handled different setups with standard carbine handguards / FSBs, as well as the newer longer railed guns?

I know it sounds crazy but to me they handle entirely different. Caveat - my railed gun experience is a 6920 Trooper with a gov't profile barrel, the LW barrels may be different.

My 6720 feels much lighter, smaller, and compact because the weight sits right between your hands. It's absolutely quicker handling to me inside a house or whatever.

My Trooper feels much more front heavy and more like a traditional rifle in my hands. It's not a bad thing, just different, and feels more at home with a magnified optic on it.

So, for me the 6720/6920 with a red dot is great for a home defense close range night time gun while the Trooper or CCU with a low power optic is great for normal rifle type stuff.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast