Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Glock frames with straighter grip angle

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    My two Shadow System pistols have proven to be both reliable and accurate, and the triggers break in nice after some dry firing and use.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    My two Shadow System pistols have proven to be both reliable and accurate, and the triggers break in nice after some dry firing and use.

I have the 920 elite and although it does a nice job of straightening out the grip some, it still isn't enough for me. The p320 is the perfect angle for my anatomy, but I'm not sure what the angle is. I do carry my 920 a lot though because with a red dot on top its not about lining up sights and I have no issue getting the dot on target. The 920 has a great (Glock) trigger and is actually a lite pistol and carries well.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Shadow Systems’ small insert duplicates 1911 angle, middle insert duplicates M&P, and large duplicates Glock.

Installed the small and never looked back.
    Last edited by JiminAZ; 09-20-21 at 18:18.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Glock frames with straighter grip angle

My MR920 Combat points better for me with the M sized backstrap. I wanted the 1911 (S) backstrap to fit me but every time I practiced drawing it the sights were always initially off.
    When I went back to the M backstrap it pointed more naturally for me.
    Regardless the Shadow Systems MR920 has proven flawless. I’ve only had about 200 rds through it. But it was a mix of aluminum, steel, brass, and duty grade hollow points. Not one single hiccup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Nocalsocal; 09-21-21 at 21:58.

Feedback Score
    Why not have the glock frame modified? I have done 3. There are many companies who modify glock frames to resemble the shape of the 1911.
    https://www.coldborecustom.com/services
    CB is one of many. I used robar, but don't think they are still in business to mod the glock.

Regards, Steve

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    A major misconception is aftermarket frames and grip reductions change the angle of the frames. That is not what happens at all. If the angle of the grip was changed, then the magazines and followers would have to be changed as well. The geometry of the grip, magazine, followers and barrel feed ramp must all work together for the firearm to be reliable. Change any one of those things and it can cause issues.

Reductions and aftermarket frames, change the way the shooters hand holds the grip, or changes the angle of the hands attack. Glocks and the hump on the backstrap creates a misalignment of the front strap and backstrap. This causes a lot of shooters grip to feel strange and point high. Other manufacturers sometimes have backstrap humps as well, but they are not nearly as pronounced and typically hit most folks palms in the correct area.

For some reason Glock can't seem to figure the correct measurements out and get the dimensions and location of the hump correct.

I have done a ton of research and measurements on how different sized hands hold and fit on Glock grips. I used that information to design the process I use for my reductions. I don't change the grip angle as a whole, but I do change the angle of the backstrap, specifically at the bottom of the grip, IE removing the hump.

This reduces the grip circumference, brings the backstrap and front strap in line with each other, which in turn allows the shooters hand to fit the grip. Aftermarket grips do the exact same thing, only by replacing the frame rather than reworking the exsisting frame.

If a reduction is done correctly by a reputable company ts will change the feel of the Glock grip dramatically and make the gun feel much more natural.

TXPO
    Last edited by Texaspoff; 09-30-21 at 08:23.
    Cerified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer
    NRA/LE Firearms Instructor
    ColdBoreCustom.com

Feedback Score
    I am not sure you can get the grip much straighter than the Low mr920 backstrap. The issue that can’t be changed is the angle of the magazines so you are really stuck with some sort of the Glock angle. I don’t think a p320/1911 angle is possible with a Glock unfortunately. If they could it would be almost perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Switching to an aftermarket G19 Gen5 frame with a straighter grip angle sounds like an intriguing upgrade. ZEV frames indeed offer that sleek "1911-style" grip you're after, and their affordability might raise some quality concerns. To get more insights and firsthand experiences, you could explore discussions on https://uspatriotarmory.com/product-...0-blank-frames. They often have conversations about various frame options, including ZEV and Nomad. Hearing from fellow firearm enthusiasts could help you make a confident choice for your Glock frame upgrade.
    Last edited by alrabybdalrhmn; 09-11-23 at 03:10.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I bought a complete Lone Wolf Timberwolf (Glock 19 sized) pistol for 279.00 on PSA. I loved the way it pointed and shot, enough so that I have a G17 sized one and a G21 sized one. The two frames I bought work great with Glock slides.

Here's the grip angle -

https://lonewolfdist.com/twf-full-fu...d-frame-built/
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    I have 2 Grey Ghost frames, one on my Glock 35, 357sig and the other on a 34. I love these grips.

I will say gen 5 Glocks feel good in my hand almost like a CZ.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast