Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gays over guns: North Carolina Power Outage

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    30,000 Americans, in areas surrounding what is arguably the most significant Army installation in the country have been without power for days and will go days more without power because two power substations were shot.

And the only discussion here is gay bashing or talking about media coverage. That shit is ****ing weak guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I wish politicians would actually do something. Lead time on those transformers is well over a year and that was pre covid. A coordinated attack, solar emp, or solar flare could absolutely real havoc and kill a ton of Americans. We really need to start making and stockpiling critical infrastructure

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thepatriot2705 View Post
    I wish politicians would actually do something. Lead time on those transformers is well over a year and that was pre covid. A coordinated attack, solar emp, or solar flare could absolutely real havoc and kill a ton of Americans. We really need to start making and stockpiling critical infrastructure
    We do, but I’m maybe most curious about what they had to shoot and how many times. The fear from something like One Second After has been that low level EMP but if you can achieve the same effect at a smaller scale with just a drive by, that’s real concerning. And yet not at all surprising.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    30,000 Americans, in areas surrounding what is arguably the most significant Army installation in the country have been without power for days and will go days more without power because two power substations were shot.

And the only discussion here is gay bashing or talking about media coverage. That shit is ****ing weak guys.

Actually, that is why I brought it up. The fact that the presses first instinct is to make this an alphabet issue, rather than an attack on infrastructure shows how delusional they are. The other issue is that obviously a gun was used to cause the damage, but you don’t hear any discussion about firearms, just the alphabet issue.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Really?
    You're trying to figure out who shot a transformer and no one guessed "Beer Fueled Adolescents?", they went straight to January 6th conservatives.
    Yeah, makes sense, let me know how that works out for you Sherlock.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    We do, but I’m maybe most curious about what they had to shoot and how many times. The fear from something like One Second After has been that low level EMP but if you can achieve the same effect at a smaller scale with just a drive by, that’s real concerning. And yet not at all surprising.
    IIRC, a similar gunfire attack on a critical substation occurred in CA? If I also remember correctly, it was considered a highly improbable target that required knowledge and skill to successfully disable?

So this wouldn’t be the first time this has happened. Somehow I just don’t see anti-gay rednecks killing their own power system to stick it to a drag show.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    So we're talking LGBTQAC/DCXYZ now?
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    IIRC, a similar gunfire attack on a critical substation occurred in CA? If I also remember correctly, it was considered a highly improbable target that required knowledge and skill to successfully disable?

So this wouldn’t be the first time this has happened. Somehow I just don’t see anti-gay rednecks killing their own power system to stick it to a drag show.
    Yeah that was California, I believe they were also having wild fires at the time.
    I don't know how much "Skill" it would take. Seems like an awfully big target to hit. What do you shoot? Well, I would start with that thing that Humms a lot.

I will again say "Beer Fueled Adolesants, but I'm an old party pooper.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I don’t know about drunk kids, I’m not sure it fits.

Probably unrelated though maybe not, on Thursday there was a wave of school threats here as well. Something like 16 schools maybe. We’re wondering if that was just a hoax because that seems to be a growing way for losers to get excited or if it was a test for emergency response times.

I doubt it’s all part of the same plan but hitting a school or two and then dropping the power grid would cause a lot of chaos.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I don’t know about drunk kids, I’m not sure it fits.

Probably unrelated though maybe not, on Thursday there was a wave of school threats here as well. Something like 16 schools maybe. We’re wondering if that was just a hoax because that seems to be a growing way for losers to get excited or if it was a test for emergency response times.

I doubt it’s all part of the same plan but hitting a school or two and then dropping the power grid would cause a lot of chaos.

Drunk Teens for 500 Alex;
    Who blew up the transformers with a .22 and and a case of Natty Lite?

Feedback Score
    I live out in the sticks and I have seen this happen on a smaller scale a lot. For some reason people like to shoot at power lines and XFMRs.

I don't discount teenagers or pinheads combined with a healthy dose of "I wonder what happens if I shoot that".

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast