Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BO Truck Gun

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalSledgehammer View Post
    I'd agree with the ak over the sks, but I'm getting such a good trade deal I can't pass the opportunity up. Also it's cheaper than what an ak would be if it was ever stolen. Also ohio has a law dealing with loaded mags needing to be in a seperate compartment. It fails to mention stripper clips. With that being said, I can store the rifle and ammo side by side and not get in trouble.
    You might want to google "Ohio Revised Code, 2923.16C2-4 and 2923.16K5a".

Basically your long gun and ammo can't be in the same container, and unless the long gun is visible, it can not be accessible unless the driver has to exit the vehicle to obtain the weapon.

Stripper clips like used by the SKS is viewed by the court as a "Speed Loader" as mentioned in the ORC.

If I wanted a long gun for a BO truck gun, the folding AK has a lot to offer.

I personally don't store a long gun in my car out of concerns for theft.
    Last edited by Beat Trash; 04-24-13 at 09:19.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I personally don't store a long gun in my car out of concerns for theft

^This^

Almost all of the guns I see on the street were stolen.

We need to be a bit more responsible in cutting off that supply of guns to scumbags.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Aside from the theft issues, if this is for a "get home" scenario (say from work to home during [name your crisis here]), I am, personally, a bit conflicted on having a long gun with me. It would obviously be the best tool for the job, but the "appearance" factor has to be weighed.

Still thinking on it, but here's a good, old thread on the subject:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=36968

I haven't read through the whole thing, but the first couple of pages seem promising.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

BO Truck Gun

I'd say any folding stock AK or AK pistol should fit the bill nicely. Also, an SBR or AR pistol would be great as well.

As for the SKS, there are quite a few aftermarket stock systems available that would allow the stock to be folded. A barrel trimming and folding stock would make a great SKS truck gun.

I forgot to add that most of these aftermarket goodies allow the SKS to accept detachable magazines. Another plus.
    Last edited by Scrubber3; 04-24-13 at 11:08.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Lots of people have no idea what the legality is of carrying a firearm inside a vehicle past the simple concealed carry permit. Since the states have made so many revisions to gun law its always good to re-educate your self at least monthly.

The below is a decent information site for gun laws of different states. I'm sure there maybe better sources out there so post a link if you have it.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/
    We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrubber3 View Post
    I'd say any folding stock AK or AK pistol should fit the bill nicely. Also, an SBR or AR pistol would be great as well.

As for the SKS, there are quite a few aftermarket stock systems available that would allow the stock to be folded. A barrel trimming and folding stock would make a great SKS truck gun.

I forgot to add that most of these aftermarket goodies allow the SKS to accept detachable magazines. Another plus.

By the time you do all of that to an SKS, you could have just bought an AK!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    . . . if this is for a "get home" scenario (say from work to home during [name your crisis here]), I am, personally, a bit conflicted on having a long gun with me. It would obviously be the best tool for the job, but the "appearance" factor has to be weighed.
    This is why I went with a folder and a BFG Area Denial bag (now discontinued). If smoke is poped then I simply sling the bag over me and away I go. Looks like a pool cue bag. One would defiantly draw attention to themselves carrying a long arm out in the open.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    This is why I went with a folder and a BFG Area Denial bag (now discontinued). If smoke is poped then I simply sling the bag over me and away I go. Looks like a pool cue bag. One would defiantly draw attention to themselves carrying a long arm out in the open.
    How and when would you deploy it? And how quickly can you do so?

Feedback Score
    I can't have a gun in my vehicle where I work, so this is sort of a moot point for me. Having said that, truck gun would be a middy AR. I had a MSAR at one time and if the bullpup design works for you then they would probably be the way to go.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Question

Quote Originally Posted by twistedcomrade View Post
    I can't have a gun in my vehicle where I work, so this is sort of a moot point for me. Having said that, truck gun would be a middy AR. I had a MSAR at one time and if the bullpup design works for you then they would probably be the way to go.
    You're in Houston, TX? If so, you should be legal to carry in the car under the Castle Law.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast