Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Experiences with 18650's and Charger Recommendation?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    If it isn't made for Lithium batteries, I don't advise using it. Different charging algorithm. You need a charger that is made for lithium batteries.
    Thank you! I will be sure to check before I get them. Be a week or so anyway, if I have to order a charger, they arent really all that much.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    Thank you! I will be sure to check before I get them. Be a week or so anyway, if I have to order a charger, they arent really all that much.
    Yep. Many Li-Ion chargers are backwards compatible to charge NiMH. Most NiMH chargers aren't forward compatible to charge Li-Ion.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    I'm wanting to get some 18650 batteries and a charger for them. What is the "go to" for these?

I'm looking at the Streamlight kit on Amazon, seems very reasonably priced at $35 including two batteries. The batteries are only 2600 MAH.

https://www.amazon.com/Streamlight-2...26017845&psc=1

Do I want/need something more? I understand there are some batteries that are 3000 MAH.

Also, different types of cells apparently? Some with "buttons" on the end and some that are flat/ Use will be in tactical lights primarily, so is one style better?

Thanks!
    I have been using the streamlight batteries and charger for about a year now with no issues. I like that the batteries have a micro USB port built into the battery so it can be charged from my phone charger in a pinch.

B2850471-0B97-417C-9AA8-4686F38D30E1.jpg

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega9 View Post
    I have been using the streamlight batteries and charger for about a year now with no issues. I like that the batteries have a micro USB port built into the battery so it can be charged from my phone charger in a pinch.

B2850471-0B97-417C-9AA8-4686F38D30E1.jpg
    If I end up needing a charger after all, I will probably go that route and get the "set" with the batteries etc....Did not realize they offered that option. Thanks!
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12