Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Man killed carrying inside his own house

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    I've known three guys put on the Brady list. Two were fired and charged with some form of perjury (same incident) and the other was popped on lying about some sort of policy violation he made.

I wish the third guy got fired to as he is just a shit cop, but I don't make those decisions.
    My wife's cousin has a Brady jacket. He deserves it, and was fired. How anyone could be a cop with a Brady jacket baffles me.

I'm a cop, but not a cop apologist. The two Texas incidents are ****ed up and wrong. Inexcusable on any level. I am sorry they happened, and I am sorry that innocent people died at the hands of two criminally stupid cops. We can and must do better.

I assure you, the VAST majority of us are better than this, and the statistics prove it. But I won't try to convince anyone, because I understand the distrust and anger right now.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    It is an anti-police stance to not support an officer lying that may lead to someone getting wrongly convicted of a crime and all that entails?
    No, it certainly is not, but the anti police vibe seems to permeate your posts. How about you send me your family tree back a generation, I bet I could find an asshole or two. Doesn't mean you all are.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    No, it certainly is not, but the anti police vibe seems to permeate your posts. How about you send me your family tree back a generation, I bet I could find an asshole or two. Doesn't mean you all are.
    You need to call me out on being anti judge/prosecutor/legislator/crony capitalism/& anything else over promised and under delivered also.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    My wife's cousin has a Brady jacket. He deserves it, and was fired. How anyone could be a cop with a Brady jacket baffles me.

I'm a cop, but not a cop apologist. The two Texas incidents are ****ed up and wrong. Inexcusable on any level. I am sorry they happened, and I am sorry that innocent people died at the hands of two criminally stupid cops. We can and must do better.

I assure you, the VAST majority of us are better than this, and the statistics prove it. But I won't try to convince anyone, because I understand the distrust and anger right now.
    I agree. The latest incident in Fort Worth is crazy. Those types of calls are not rare. Put a guy or two around back incase someone runs and knock on the ****ing front door. There is a really good chance the homeowner is leaving the door open for some legitimate reason.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    I agree. The latest incident in Fort Worth is crazy. Those types of calls are not rare. Put a guy or two around back incase someone runs and knock on the ****ing front door. There is a really good chance the homeowner is leaving the door open for some legitimate reason.
    From what I have read there was a storm door that was closed.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    From what I have read there was a storm door that was closed.
    It was a screen door - no glass - so the officers could have easily shouted through the door and been heard.
    A person who is not inwardly prepared for the use of violence against him is always weaker than the person committing the violence. - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TexHill View Post
    It was a screen door - no glass - so the officers could have easily shouted through the door and been heard.
    That seems like it should have nixed the open structure/burglary twist on the call that got them sent there.
    Last edited by jsbhike; 10-17-19 at 12:04.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    What's the difference between being Brady Listed and Giglio Impaired?

My big question in this latest Ft. Worth fiasco is who that officer's FTO was. It doesn't seem to me that he should've been checked off as good to go.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    What's the difference between being Brady Listed and Giglio Impaired?

My big question in this latest Ft. Worth fiasco is who that officer's FTO was. It doesn't seem to me that he should've been checked off as good to go.
    Yup. That was bad training and bad decision making combined.

The hardest, and best, lesson I ever learned was to slow calls down when I have the chance. Time isn't always on our side, but when it is, I can make much better decisions when I am not rushing. This kid had no concept of that.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    Yup. That was bad training and bad decision making combined.

The hardest, and best, lesson I ever learned was to slow calls down when I have the chance. Time isn't always on our side, but when it is, I can make much better decisions when I am not rushing. This kid had no concept of that.
    Not being in law enforcement, I formed the impression that the officer in this latest tragedy was either over eager to be involved in something big, or was over thinking the situation at hand
    Last edited by TexHill; 10-17-19 at 15:51.
    A person who is not inwardly prepared for the use of violence against him is always weaker than the person committing the violence. - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago

Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast