• LaRue Stealth

3 10.34%
  • Save a few months and get JP Supermatch

3 10.34%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 14.5" with a nod toward accuracy

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    When did Sionics start selling 12.5 in. barrels. I thought they only sold 11.5, 16, and 18?
    Quote Originally Posted by joeg26er View Post
    I purchased a Sionics 12.5 over a month ago and it was much heavier than stated on their site
    Sent them at least three emails without reply so not impressed with their customer service
    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Nocalsocal View Post
    When did Sionics start selling 12.5 in. barrels. I thought they only sold 11.5, 16, and 18?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    I don't believe they do 12.5 barrels. They have also been very responsive to any emails I sent. Usually less than a day.

I know in the 16in they offer medium contour and lightweight, so if they offer that in the 11.5 he may have ordered the medium and read specs on the light profile. Sure they will take care of it if he indeed bought one

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    I purchased a Sionics 12.5 over a month ago and it was much heavier than stated on their site
    Sent them at least three emails without reply so not impressed with their customer service
    Surprise to me. I usually call them. I recently had an issue with a different company's lower while using their lpk and they were able to tell me what the issue was.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    Surprise to me. I usually call them. I recently had an issue with a different company's lower while using their lpk and they were able to tell me what the issue was.
    sincere apologies - had wrong info - please correct

Feedback Score
    sincere apologies - had wrong info - please correct
    Glad you realized you were dealing with a different company. We havent done 12.5" in 6 years and we definitely do not ignore emails.
    "your AR is shit, change my mind" - Will Larson

I make work horses, not show ponies.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Faxon match gunner. I have one in 14.5, and havent shot it for accuracy yet, but its a super light barrel. I bought one because I have always wanted a 14.5 like I was issued in the mil. Since its a fairly more permanet barrel becasue of the flash hider being pinned, I decided to try and get every spec I wanted in a barrel including light weight and accuracy. Only cost $220 and so far I am imrpessed. If you take the time to look there are a ton of people that have done accuracy tests on faxon barrels, and they typically do VERY well. When I get back to my guns I have a pile of 77gr to do some testing on my own barrel.

EDIT:

Here's the specs taken from their website.

Barrel Material: 416R Stainless Steel
    Barrel Type: 5R Button Rifled
    Barrel Caliber: .223 Wylde
    Barrel Twist: 1:8
    Barrel Length: 14.5”
    Barrel Profile: GUNNER
    Barrel Gas System: Mid
    Inside Finish: Salt Bath Nitride
    Outside Finish: Salt Bath Nitride
    Muzzle Thread: 1/2-28 TPI (Threads Per Inch)
    Gas Block Diameter: .625"
    Gas Block Journal Length: 1.9"
    Barrel Extension: M4 - Nickel Teflon Coated
    Weight: 1.20 lbs
    Magnetic Particle Inspected!
    Polished 11-degree Target Crown
    Last edited by turnburglar; 08-22-18 at 11:01.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Sample size of one, so take it for what it’s worth, but when put with other’s experience, you can see a pattern: my Noveske Afghan is THE most accurate 5.56 barrel I own. I have about 8 different barrels, and this one is my #1 go to. I have several sub MOA with Speer 75gr Gold Dot, as well as true MK262. Mine is an older barrel, when John was still alive. It is most definitely NOT overgassed. That’s the biggest complaint I hear of now. It’s pretty apparent that Noveske changed their gas port sizing at some point, because many folks report over gassing now. I have had decent luck with the BCM Stainless (made by Criterion I believe), but again, some folks have not fared as well with them. My next “Holy shit, that gun shoots” will be a Compass Lake Bartlein 18” with the CL Chamber. But that’s a $500 plus option. Don’t know if that is worth it to you.
    The barrel game is in some ways a crap shoot. Most production barrels will shoot. Several will give you that proverbial sub MOA. By stepping up into the Compass Lake, White Oak, etc you are hedging your bet HEAVILY that it’ll shoot sub MOA , with more than just one special load. To some degree you pays your $$ and you takes your chances with the mass produced barrels.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I picked up a Colt SOCOM barel, awhile back. It's installed on a Colt 6920. That barrel is not only accurate, but consistent. It's about 1 MOA with a variety of ammo, hot or cold.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Are the Noveske N4 barrels made by FN?
    Have Fun, Be Safe

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    FN does a part of the process to the contracted specifications and tolerances while Noveske does finishing touches in house.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast