Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Steiner T6xi 1-6

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CRX85 View Post
    Website says at least one of the turrets can be swapped for capped. Can anyone elaborate on this?
    The T6Xi comes with a capped windage turret and a 2 elevation turrets, one that is larger and not capped, and one that is the same size as the windage turret that can be capped. Not sure what the idea is behind the larger exposed turret?

Also there is no information about the reticle. None?
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    . Not sure what the idea is behind the larger exposed turret?
    On a LPVO, some people want to dial elevation in place of using, or in conjunction with, a graduated reticle. I don’t think many are going to dial wind.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    On a LPVO, some people want to dial elevation in place of using, or in conjunction with, a graduated reticle. I don’t think many are going to dial wind.
    For a tactical 1X6 most just use holds or the reticle. The only dialing I do is on longer range optics.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    For a tactical 1X6 most just use holds or the reticle. The only dialing I do is on longer range optics.
    While I agree, its not unheard of. There are a few LPVOs that have uncapped turrets. I prefer capped and BDC, myself.

Interesting sidenote, some PRS guys have found that dialing drop and holding wind is more precise than holding both and faster than dialing both. I wonder if we’ll see that technique spread to other disciplines.
    Last edited by 1168; 01-10-23 at 14:17.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    While I agree, its not unheard of. There are a few LPVOs that have uncapped turrets. I prefer capped and BDC, myself.

Interesting sidenote, some PRS guys have found that dialing drop and holding wind is more precise than holding both and faster than dialing both. I wonder if we’ll see that technique spread to other disciplines.
    With FFP 1-10 scopes becoming more common I’m curious if we’ll see a locking elevation and capped windage option on some new scopes. Given time and distance I would prefer to dial any day. Something quick and intuitive like the MK5 or NF Zero Lock turret instead of a pull up to unlock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by skatz11 View Post
    With FFP 1-10 scopes becoming more common I’m curious if we’ll see a locking elevation and capped windage option on some new scopes. Given time and distance I would prefer to dial any day. Something quick and intuitive like the MK5 or NF Zero Lock turret instead of a pull up to unlock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My PLx 1-8 has zero stop turrets. I usually use the BDC, but I did dial a bit of elevation in one match because my ammo that day wasn’t matching up. That match doesn’t have much time pressure, and it was only out to 480, but the targets aren’t very tall.

Feedback Score
    At any rate the T6Xi has capped turrets and also comes with a exposed elevation turret if you want to swap out. Steiner doesn't provide any explanation or reference for the reticle on this particular scope with the KC-1 reticle.
    Last edited by prepare; 01-10-23 at 15:27.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    At any rate the T6Xi has capped turrets and also comes with a exposed elevation turret if you want to swap out. Steiner doesn't provide any explanation or reference for the reticle on this particular scope with the KC-1 reticle.
    I can check Strelok for you, if you don’t have it.

Edit: How TF did I quote myself?
    Last edited by 1168; 01-10-23 at 15:31.

Feedback Score

^^^This with LPVOs and uncapped turrets, I just prefer capped for a LPVO the whole point to me is to help maintain the speed of a red dot while adding more magnification then a magnifier, and thus I don't see utilizing the turrets when the BDC does most of the work anyway (whats the quote from so many instructors "the best is the enemy of good enough") however, I don't live out west or in the mountains where I can see shooting well past 600 yards so I maybe off in my perspective but their are so many classes of scopes that would be better suited to that role over a LPVO in general, and because they probably offer a parallax adjustment, that is where I can see not wanting capped turrets
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank6046 View Post
    ^^^This with LPVOs and uncapped turrets, I just prefer capped for a LPVO the whole point to me is to help maintain the speed of a red dot while adding more magnification then a magnifier, and thus I don't see utilizing the turrets when the BDC does most of the work anyway (whats the quote from so many instructors "the best is the enemy of good enough") however, I don't live out west or in the mountains where I can see shooting well past 600 yards so I maybe off in my perspective but their are so many classes of scopes that would be better suited to that role over a LPVO in general, and because they probably offer a parallax adjustment, that is where I can see not wanting capped turrets
    yes, if you are PLANNING to do much beyond 600, you should stop and think “should I really choose this optic?” From 100 to 500, they’re killer.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast