Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: AR For Home Defense--Where Do You Store Yours?

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by marufamin View Post
    Actually, rifles are far easier to shoot than pistols. However, I think a pistol is a better home defense firearm. It is far easier for an untrained person to move through their house with a pistol than a rifle. Training can fix that, but not everyone has the training. Overall, however, I believe a 12ga shotgun loaded with birdshot is the overall best weapon for home defense. Just my opinion. If you already own a AR 15 then you don't have to worry about home defense. It does the job very good. And keeping it under the bed in a case is my preference.
    Oh good, the birdshot crowd showed up.

Ask any inner city ER doc how many of those guys cycle through the department during summer. Seriously, you're talking bandaids and discharge.

I guess I'm glad you didn't cite the Gospel of Racking Shotguns.
    Last edited by Caduceus; 07-08-18 at 06:37.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodtimes View Post
    Well... zombies don’t exist so.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What about Maxine Waters? She qualifies in my book.

Wouldn't the average teenager breaking in for drug money be terrified by ANY firearm---wouldn't any firearm work? If we move up to three guys driving into your driveway and doing a full blown home invasion, wouldn't a shotgun work? Yeah, I would rather have my AR but that is because I use an AR. With the three guy-home invasion, time may be critical since they want to get in and secure things just as soon as they can ---before you wake up or call 911.
    Last edited by Dr. Bullseye; 07-08-18 at 12:24.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Hey guys,

I don't want to be shrill, but instead of one-liners slamming the guy, why not explain so a person understands in a way they can digest and accept.

Think of how you learned best - probably something along the lines by being shown, having it explained, then shown again and then allowed to question.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    A Daniel Defense M4V7 SLW sits by my bed every night. Always on, always ready. It will soon (hopefully) be replaced by a DD MK18 suppressed.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bullseye View Post
    Wouldn't the average teenager breaking in for drug money be terrified by ANY firearm---wouldn't any firearm work?
    Generally this sort has the life expectancy of an ant, are higher than a kite, armed, and just plain don't give a ****.

They might exit stage right when confronted or go all Charge of the Light Brigade on your ass.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    At present, my primary AR is in the safe in the basement. I have EDC pistols close at hand (but still secured) until I get another smaller safe that is long-gun capable to put in the bedroom.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    Generally this sort has the life expectancy of an ant, are higher than a kite, armed, and just plain don't give a ****.

They might exit stage right when confronted or go all Charge of the Light Brigade on your ass.
    I heard Clint Smith (Thunder Ranch) say on video he would confront an intruder with his AR and then tell him to get out. He seemed to be saying this is the best solution because of all the paperwork involved in shooting an intruder.

Feedback Score
    I heard Clint Smith (Thunder Ranch) say on video he would confront an intruder with his AR and then tell him to get out. He seemed to be saying this is the best solution because of all the paperwork involved in shooting an intruder.
    A strong argument for living in the middle of nowhere. If you get my drift.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Of course he said that, he has to. He carries a lot of liability training people everyday to defend themselves. He can be called to testify in a case where anyone might site him as the guy who trained them to clear their house and how to deal with a home burglary.

When I was on the job I always "played to the tape". What that means is when I had a combative subject and I had to use defensive tactics I would give an audible command to "stop resisting" so that it would be on the audio/video for the investigation afterwards. All the while doing what I needed to do to ensure my safety and others.

If for some reason I happen upon an intruder(s) in my house in the dead of night then that means said intruder(s) have defeated MULTIPLE layers of security and are in an occupied habitation with intent to commit a felony.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    A strong argument for living in the middle of nowhere. If you get my drift.
    I live in the middle of nowhere.. If your drift is... S.S.S... then good luck with that. A great many people have lost everything when they figured they could get away with that and were wrong.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast