Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Chinese Made Optics

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I know it's cool to hate on management and CEOs, but cheapa$$ American consumers were the power behind the train that drove it all to China.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6_3Xd1X2B0

Seems like more and more instructors are giving holosun the thumbs up.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    I know it's cool to hate on management and CEOs, but cheapa$$ American consumers were the power behind the train that drove it all to China.
    So true, but not only Americans, it is a world-wide phenomenon.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    It all starts with over regulation and burdensome taxation that makes it difficult for manufacturing companies to operate profitably in the U.S.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryCop25 View Post
    a product must have 20% US made material in it to be labeled Made in USA.
    No, no no no.... that's absolutely not true. To claim "Made in USA" the product must be "all or virtually all" made here. And if any "raw materials" are imported, the material must be "substantially transformed" in the USA, and the cost of the raw material must be "insignificant". For example, say you produce a concrete mixer with all U.S.-sourced components, and the most expensive part is the motor. You also specifically bought those motors from an U.S. company. But then you subsequently found out those motors uses Chinese-made commutators... and just because of that, you might no longer be able to claim "Made-in-USA", if the cost of the commutator is a big enough part of the motor and the motor is a big enough part of your mixer. It's that strict. The 20% rule is more like the opposite; if the foreign-imported materials, even after substantially transformed, still account for 20%+ of your overall product cost (petroleum products in the plastic-parts industry are good examples), you CANNOT claim it is Made-in-USA.

https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/busi...ndard#standard

But I can see why your source would tell you that... there are lots of misinformation out there, and most people who (willingly or not) made the wrong claim would never be challenged. It is quite understandable why people would get the wrong idea.

Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    It all starts with over regulation and burdensome taxation that makes it difficult for manufacturing companies to operate profitably in the U.S.
    There are some truth to it, but I think the bigger part is more and more Americans desire "stimulating" job that pays well. If I can make $50/hour being a fashion designer, why would I want a $15/hr job being a seamstress? As more American labors upgrade our skills and get educations for high-pay job, the supply of raw labor dwindles. This lack of supply is what drives labor cost up... To a point that it would be more profitable for businesses to design efficient production methods that reduce the quantity of manual labors needed. Robots don't take our jobs away; it upgrade blacksmiths to CNC operators.

VT
    Official Account for ValhallaTactical.com. Clever designs for intelligent marksmen.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    I would stay away from china made optic unless it is for .22 rifle or airsoft rifle. i would never use china made optic for 556 or 7.62
    "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" John F Kennedy.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I see/hear that sentiment a lot. Can someone please explain to me why an optic which is unacceptable for quality or ethical concerns, suddenly becomes acceptable on a rimfire?
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    You do you, I'll do me. I'm not putting a $600 red dot on an M&P15 .22 practice rifle. Sorry. Not now, not ever, not when I own 4 of them.
    $600 for a red dot is cheap. Where are you finding T2s at that price?

Feedback Score
    Unions, taxes and government regulations are a big part of what sent jobs overseas and will continue to do so.

Also, I feel like in this thread, Aimpoint is in the ‘American vs Chinese’ optics argument. They’re definitely Swedish. I say that because several of my friends have found out that the US military proven American sight they bought is Swedish.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AdWo2187 View Post

Also, I feel like in this thread, Aimpoint is in the ‘American vs Chinese’ optics argument. They’re definitely Swedish.
    That is true for some. I think a lot of folks simply mean "anywhere but China". That is my sentiment at least.

Andy

Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast