Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bulgarian Steel AR Mags

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The only GI mags I can think of offhand are the original 20 round GI mags, which had a cast (I think?) metal follower. HK Maritime mags have a metal follower too, if I recall correctly. I'm not sure about SA80 or other non-US mags.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ACR_Scout View Post
    The only GI mags I can think of offhand are the original 20 round GI mags, which had a cast (I think?) metal follower. HK Maritime mags have a metal follower too, if I recall correctly. I'm not sure about SA80 or other non-US mags.
    I think it was stamped. If memory serves (it often doesn't) it was stamped steel.

I do believe I have an old one somewhere in the basement I was fooling around with trying to see if I could get a Magpul follower into it. I'll see if I can confirm.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    Well considering that 99.9% of AR mags on the market have polymer followers I wouldn’t lose any sleep over it.

John Masden makes metal replacement followers for straight GI 20s but every report I’ve read says they’re junk.

I think CMMG used to make stainless steel replacement followers for curved 30s but I never saw many happy owners and I think they went out of production.

Feedback Score
    The magazines Beretta was selling for the ARX100 were all steel to include the follower. I bought a few a couple of years ago, very nice mags. They even have an NSN on the side (country code of Italy) which leads me to believe they might be issue over there for the ARX.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mbinky View Post
    The magazines Beretta was selling for the ARX100 were all steel to include the follower. I bought a few a couple of years ago, very nice mags. They even have an NSN on the side (country code of Italy) which leads me to believe they might be issue over there for the ARX.
    I have 16 of the steel Beretta ARX mags, they are very nice. The only thing that I don't like about them is that they are in coated cosmoline or something when new.

Feedback Score
    The stainless looking metal followers are still for sale and look like the Beretta mag follower shape wise. I think I had to flip a normal GI mag spring upside down to use them.
    FUSIL metal mags had a metal follower also.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234