Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: SA hits 2011 market

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    All this diagnostic 1911/2011 stuff makes one long for the easy days of Glock 9MM that work.

Oh wait, I still have those.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    All this diagnostic 1911/2011 stuff makes one long for the easy days of Glock 9MM that work.

Oh wait, I still have those.
    1911/2011 have been figured out already but I just don't get why SA still produces them the wrong way. The problems with SA 1911 have been the same for years, especially the 9mm versions. It's always extractor tension, recoil spring and mainspring. SA ships them with no extractor tension, too weak recoil spring and too strong mainspring.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by crosseyedshooter View Post
    1911/2011 have been figured out already but I just don't get why SA still produces them the wrong way. The problems with SA 1911 have been the same for years, especially the 9mm versions. It's always extractor tension, recoil spring and mainspring. SA ships them with no extractor tension, too weak recoil spring and too strong mainspring.
    Based on what? One video from Chambers Custom?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    I love how he nonchalantly smacks the back of the slide with out looking to feed a round..

Any thoughts on a comped barrel for the 4.25 version that would make a baby Stacatto XC? Something that would match the slide contour?
    Why would you need a comped barrel for 9mm?

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    ^^ Suggest you lose the 9mm comp hate.
    They’re here. They’re a thing.
    If you are opposed to them, don’t use them. Trashing anyone that favors them isn’t necessary.
    Personally, I’m not opposed to nearly anything that gives one an advantage at shooting rapidly/accurately.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Based on what? One video from Chambers Custom?
    Based on the two 1911 I bought from SA, one about ten years ago, with the same extractor and spring issues plus tight chamber and breech face. If you look at the reviews by people who obtained the pistols independently instead of from SA, you can see similar symptoms such as failure to feed, stovepipes, etc.

Here's a good example of weak extractor. Without a loaded magazine to bump the empty case out, the extraction isn't strong enough and the last round brass falls back into the ejection port: https://youtu.be/4S21DO14iyc?t=333.

Screen Shot 2022-09-19 at 12.56.35 PM.png

Here's another from Hilton Yam's extraction test where he purposely tests for this failure and you can see the case fall out the empty magwell: https://youtu.be/v5f3mtxPAEM?t=198.

Screen Shot 2022-09-19 at 1.04.33 PM.png

In the 1911 world, these are straightforward to fix and I think most people experienced with 1911s wouldn't see these as major issues, especially considering the price of entry on these.
    Last edited by crosseyedshooter; 09-19-22 at 13:13.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    ^^ Suggest you lose the 9mm comp hate.
    They’re here. They’re a thing.
    If you are opposed to them, don’t use them. Trashing anyone that favors them isn’t necessary.
    Personally, I’m not opposed to nearly anything that gives one an advantage at shooting rapidly/accurately.
    Lowers velocity - check
    Increases noise to shooter - check

Remind me again what the advantage is other than being cool because everyone else is doing it? I can only assume that since it's the 4.25 version we are talking about carrying it. If not and it's only for range use...Sure I could see a point.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stopsign32v View Post
    Why would you need a comped barrel for 9mm?
    Why do you need more than 10 rounds?

Why do you need grip tape / stipling / etc?

Why do you need an optic?

Why do you need a semi auto?

The list goes on and on and on and on.

I get it, your testosterone level is such that you need to tell people you don't need a comp on 9MM.

Here is another hint.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Checkmate 2011 mags are live on their site.

https://checkmatemagazines.com/product/2011-mag-9mm/

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast