Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Change my mind: a hybrid comp is the best general purpose muzzle device

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    For my unsuppressed guns, the
    PA AFAB/EFAB are all I use and they work very well for me.
    Last edited by Biggy; 10-31-19 at 12:33.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I had one hybrid that I immediately removed after taking my wife to an indoor range. The concussion from the SBR was brutal standing behind her at an angle. Even shooting it.
    Contrast this with a standard open Warcomp, which was completely different. I perceive a small benefit with the Warcomp, I think, but if nothing else it will be a convenient mount.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I don't know how people don't feel a difference in recoil reduction. Maybe when I'm home I'll do as much of a side by side comparison as possible, but I know by feel whether I'm shooting a FH vs hybrid comp. If you honestly can't, then yeah I guess its not worth the cost.

The length could be an issue for Surefire, but those are can mounts. Both BCM and BC have short and long variants.

The blast - this may be the biggest reason I see. I've stood next to the BCM comp quite a bit, and have been in class next to a SureFire brake. Yeah its noticeable and if its possible, I'll take an extra step away, but unless you're a complete bitch, I just don't see how its a real issue. I'm not going to blame the guy next to me for wanting every mechanical advantage he can get to make his shooting better and I've never felt like its been an actual detriment to my shooting or learning. Granted, none of these were SBRs.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If you like the A2, you'll like the 6315.

Based on the A2 TDP, we made the 3 and 9 o'clock ports shorter and smaller to force more gas to be expelled through the upward facing ports. 6315's 20% better comp performance is "free", in that it's obtained without compromises such as more flash, noise and concussion.

Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Granted, none of these were SBRs.
    That does make a difference

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    That does make a difference
    I do believe that. And I'm not trying to be a dick, I just legit don't understand how people are so bothered shooting next to 16" guns with hybrid comps.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    If you like the A2, you'll like the 6315.

Based on the A2 TDP, we made the 3 and 9 o'clock ports shorter and smaller to force more gas to be expelled through the upward facing ports. 6315's 20% better comp performance is "free", in that it's obtained without compromises such as more flash, noise and concussion.

Only flash hider I have, aside from the KAC 3-prong that’ll get replaced when I feel like paying for a MAMS.

ETA - Tapatalk's photo quality has gone to shit now that they're pushing their VIP upgrade bullshit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
    I previously ran the Battle comp on my goto riffle. I found it very effective. The flash it had was ok, and didn't concern me much. The concussion was certainly there, not as bad as some brakes, but it was certainly there.

I have moved away from them and put them on less used spare parts builds I have. Why?

The concussion. I take a bunch of classes, it sucks to be that guy with the comp. I hate being next to some dick with a comp or brake in a class. I didn't want to be a hypocrite.

I also found out the hard way that in non standard positions close to the ground, in and around barricades and under things like cars or in cars, they suck. Sht goes everywhere. Sand and dirt clouds choke you, block your vision for follow up shots, gets sht all in your optic and face ect. No thank you, not at all worth it. At 150$ the value was surely not there.

I find something like the YHM Phantom to the best all around if you do not mount a suppressor. The closed bottom adds some compensation, The closed tines don't catch things like vines patrolling in the woods, it has great flash suppression and no extra concussion. It also only cost like 30$

A comp is great for a hobby rifle firing from the standing position rapidly at something like steel at 25 yards. Tons of fun. On a real use carbine I don't see pro's out weighing the cons.

I do own a closed tine warcomp, I have not used it enough to decide what I think.
    ^^This right here. I've been to several classes that prohibit comps and brakes for this reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    For my unsuppressed guns, the
    PA AFAB/EFAB are all I use and they work very well for me.
    I had an EFAB on one of my carbines and it was great at flash suppression and reducing recoil without increasing blast, I thought I had found the perfect MD for my purpose, but the problem came when I was shooting in tight confined areas and through barricades, it would shed the plywood literally blowing it apart. I switch to a White Sound FOSSA and thus far have been very pleased.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Only flash hider I have, aside from the KAC 3-prong that’ll get replaced when I feel like paying for a MAMS.
    I'd like to try the MAMS but I bet it would do the same thing as the EFAB.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Junkyard prone sucks with a comp, give you that. But just like night shooting, its pretty rare for most people IME.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast