Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: THE BAD: What AR accessory do you really dislike or is just flat out useless?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Carbines. I hate carbines. I don't mind 14.5 to 16 inch barrels. What I hate is that the design of the M4 gave up so much sight radius and usable hand guard length.

Carbines, I can not abide them.

Feedback Score
    Nothing that hasn't been said already.

Commercial spec tubes
    Single and three point slings
    Those lowers with the skull shaped magwell
    Anything with punisher logos
    and the tac-sac

The BAD lever isn't completely useless but it really only has a small niche. I can only see it being used when shooting the single load stages of a CMP matches.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    There are a ton of things I find useless, but I chose not to use them. When other people make choices that affect me that's when I have a problem. The main one I deal with is single point slings not used in the right context, especially crappy ones that fall apart.
    Just about every time I'm out, training or otherwise, someone decides they need to to be super high speed, or they don't like the issued gear. This leads to nut taps and nonstop whining, or a weapon in the dirt because the stitching or attachments gave out.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    AR pistols. However, I get the difference between the 'waiting on my tax stamp' crowd vs. the mall ninja crowd.

Anything Tapco.

The skull and zombie stuff has to go as well.

I like BAD levers, but I'm left-handed. I understand how their novelty could be lost on a right-handed shooter.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerw02 View Post
    BAD levers are stupid. Most rail systems are pointless and unnecessary for the users.

But what I really find useless is low-quality optics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've found BAD levers useful for 3-gun. They certainly aren't necessary, but they are convenient for locking the bolt back quickly without changing your grip. I guess I have gotten use to using them, but what are the real downsides?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Carbines. I hate carbines. I don't mind 14.5 to 16 inch barrels. What I hate is that the design of the M4 gave up so much sight radius and usable hand guard length.

Carbines, I can not abide them.
    Sight radius is grossly over hyped. Mr, Defoor did some testing/experimentation with irons and found that a sight radius of around 14" was ideal, which is precisely the distance the irons are on a classic M4. Any longer or shorter was a disadvantage as far as speed with almost zero gains in accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Metric Matt View Post
    I've found BAD levers useful for 3-gun. They certainly aren't necessary, but they are convenient for locking the bolt back quickly without changing your grip. I guess I have gotten use to using them, but what are the real downsides?
    The lever crowds the trigger guard, most I've seen prevent the bolt from locking open at least half the time. The BAD excels at locking the bolt to the rear to either show clear or solve a problem. If your rifle has constant problems that require a constant and rapid method of locking the bolt open, you need to sort your sh*t out on the gun. Showing clear in't a race so it makes no difference how fast you do it.

Yeah, I vote for BAD levers, accu-wedge, cheap optics.

MM

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I have 2 14.5" guns with BattleComps.......................wouldn't buy another.
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Metric Matt View Post
    They can cause malfunctions.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    So what your all saying is a bright green rifle with a huge brake, giant green laser, full length VFG, bumpfire stock with some NCStar optics dangling from a 1 point sling isn't going to cut it during the zombie apocalypse?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerw02 View Post
    They can cause malfunctions.

Fair enough, I can see where it's possible it could cause a malfunction. I personally have had exactly one malfunction with my primary 3-gun AR in roughly 5-6K training and competition rounds down range, and it was 100% because of a defective crimp on a case. I suppose it's a convenience feature more than anything, but I don't carry a gun for a living, so for my purposes it has it's place.

Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast