Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Sig 1911 tac ops carry

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider1 View Post
    Yeah, I've seen the hostility towards sig. My think is this, any company otger somewhere custom you are going to get a flaw here and there in qc. That does not nean that the gun is a POS and not worth it. I bought a kimber ultra carry. I hated that lil POS but, others have loved them. I just might have to try on my own. If it doesn't run correctly, I'll send it back to sig until they get it right (that's if I decide to go that rout).
    There is a difference between a guy that has a brain fart and grabs a part from the wrong bin during assembly, and a company that makes the executive decision to remove QC checks to make the company more profitable, and chooses to ship broken guns because it's more profitable to fix them for the few owners who complain.

Sig is not a company that "usually gets it right" anymore.

Feedback Score
    I just purchased a colt 1911 Rail Gun and Love it! In regards to the holster, I had a Minotaur MTAC from Comp-tac. When I needed a concealment holster for the 1911 I ordered a spare body for the MTAC for the kimber 5 inch with rail. They said that fits all full sized with a light rail. Fits like a glove.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have no experience with the tac ops, but a good friend of mine recently purchased a Scorpion and I've put a few rounds downrange with it. He hasn't had any functionality problems like other Sig owners have, but the gun is NOT anything to write home about. In fact, compared to my TRP it's quite crude.
    Gun and Gear Reviews- www.almosttacticalreviews.com

Feedback Score
    I had both a scorpion and a full size Tac Ops. Scorpion ran fine, Tac Ops did not run at all. Sold both moved to HK.

Feedback Score
    Do yourself a favor and buy a springfield... Sig dosent seem to be what it once was.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Don't get me wrong, I have thought about a springer lwco. It is hard to find and I really don't like the bull barrel. If I had the money I'd buy a nighthawk customs but, that won't be happening anytime soon or within the next few years.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Thanks guys for the advice. I think I should just stick to a fullsize s&w 1911e. That would be my next choice. I have read a few reviews and it is gaining a good rep.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Finally got my TacOps fixed. The link was too long from the factory causing the issues that I had. My gunsmith had to go with a different size link to get it to work. With the new factory link that Sig sent out he could not even get the gun to go to battery it was that out of spec. Obviously should have never left the factory. I must say though, now that it is fixed it runs like a son of a gun. I thought that I might sell it once fixed but thinking now I might hold on to it consider all the blood, sweat and tears I have into it. Not sure that I'll buy another Sig though after this experience. The gun is still throwing brass at my face from time to time but not as bad. Time for an EGW extractor
    "The only defense against violent evil people are good people who are more skilled at violence" - Rory Miller

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I hate to hear this. I was about to buy a sig 1911 but if they have this many problems I guess I will wait.

Feedback Score
    If you want a great 1911 look at the Dan Wessons
    i have been beating on a Valor for 3 months
    zero feed issues with a bunch of ammo from 230 ball to 185 to 255g +P Buffalo bore hardcast
    Premium ammo, light target handloads, cheap Russian crap
    all runs 100%
    gun is a tack driver
    i would put it up against guns costing signifigantly more
    Charles Coker

Disclosure statement:
    Pro Staff - Silencer Shop
    Dealer - Armasight and Steiner Optics
    Affiliated with Trijicon, Wilson Combat and Crux Suppressors

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast