Thread: Steyr scout magazines

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    You also need the mag well kit for 10 round magazines. In what I think is a bone head move, the 10 and 5 round mags are not simply interchangeable in the same mag well. The mag well needs to be changed to use the 10 round magazine. So the rifle is either exclusively a 5 round mag gun or a 10 round mag gun without disassembly and swapping the mag well kit

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)

Steyr scout magazines

Quote Originally Posted by CAVDOC View Post
    You also need the mag well kit for 10 round magazines. In what I think is a bone head move, the 10 and 5 round mags are not simply interchangeable in the same mag well. The mag well needs to be changed to use the 10 round magazine. So the rifle is either exclusively a 5 round mag gun or a 10 round mag gun without disassembly and swapping the mag well kit
    I heartily agree. The things I’d change on the rifle:

1. Sling attachments to QD instead of the propriety ones that aren’t made any more

2. Thread on the end of the barrel to 1/2x28 instead of whatever European thread they use

3. Change the top rail to Picatinny instead of Weaver

4. Redesign the mag well to take both mags, like the spot in the stock does. Or redesign the magazines.

5. Tweak the cover to the pistol grip storage somehow so it’s not so damn fickle.

Other than that, I love this gun and have for decades since it came out. I just wish someone would make a better variable power scout scope with illumination. Like the 1-5 VX-R Leupold stopped making but that was EER instead of IER.

Ah well...

And I did get mags and an adapter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by just a scout; 09-07-20 at 17:46.