Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: I really like Pmags but the inconsistency is getting to me.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I just wish they would make the 30s as consistently as the 40s. I have about a dozen 40s and they are perfect in all my lowers. I need to find my calipers and measure some mags.

Feedback Score
    Interesting thread. I've used PMAGS for 15+ years and never had any issue with the AR mags. Ever. Multiple classes, range sessions, untold # of rounds. Same experience for my shooting buddies. Merely fortunate perhaps?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dozer View Post
    This is how rumors get perpetuated. Every Magpul firearm accessory is designed, tested, molded, and assembled in the US. Every. Single. One.
    Thank you, succinct answer.

Andy

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanner View Post
    Interesting thread. I've used PMAGS for 15+ years and never had any issue with the AR mags. Ever. Multiple classes, range sessions, untold # of rounds. Same experience for my shooting buddies. Merely fortunate perhaps?
    I have less experience but the same outcome.

Andy

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    1) Pmags haven’t even been on the market for 13 years.

2) If you didn’t have issues with the very first ones, you didn’t run ‘em much.

I’m a Pmag believer, but I’m not gonna make excuses or lie about them. They haven’t been without their warts. I watched Gen 1s and 2s crack with regularity, and was an early adopter of the Gen M3 that proved absolutely unusable, but I stuck around and tried all the improved variants, and they have it going on now. I just wish they would make all of them the same size so that it would be easier to know if they’re going to be tight in a magwell or not.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I just tried 12 of my friend’s GI MCT 30s with the windows and they all easily dropped free from the lowers that are tight with the non-windowed gen 3s.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I never understood how people preferred anything other than pmags. The only lowers I’ve had that wouldn’t drop them were/are Noveskes but that was fixed with the M3. I think I have maybe 30 M3s of black, coyote, and painted sand colors and every single one of them drops free in my current Noveske, BCM, Rainier, and multiple Aero lowers. USGI mags do as well but PMAGs are easier to load, unload, have a window, include storage caps, are easier to remove the baseplate, include a convenient numbering system, come in a logical color, and are easier to grip. Plus the only mags I’ve ever had feed issues with were USGI mags which are also far more difficult to distinguish good brands from bad brands.

I literally can not understand why anyone would prefer USGI mags.
    I literally cannot understand why anyone would use anything BUT GI magazines.

Perhaps because until the Gen 3 was produced, they wouldn't fit into my HK rifles. HK took the brunt of the blame for that one, then low and behold the Gen 3's came out and were now "completely" STANAG compliant............Note this was GEN3.

I didn't have to replace ANY of my GI magazines or keep track of, or up with Generations of GI mags. They simply work in all of my lowers and have always worked.

Besides, they're just fricken magazines for pity sake. Let people buy and use and like what they want, its a free country, for now at least.
    Last edited by HKGuns; 10-30-21 at 13:03.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    The A5? lol. Marketing bs.
    I'd venture to say you are in the extreme minority on that one around these parts. Unless this place suddenly turned into TOS overnight.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    I'd venture to say you are in the extreme minority on that one around these parts. Unless this place suddenly turned into TOS overnight.
    I stand firmly on my position on the A5. I tried it off an on for 12 years or so and have enough rounds on it in enough conditions, in enough guns to know without a shadow of a doubt that it is not as reliable as the carbine/H2 in any reasonable setup. There are a lot of very vocal A5 fans on this site, and that’s fine, I get why some people might like it, but a reliability upgrade it is not.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    My conclusions are based on the best information I have at the time, any valuable knowledge would be much appreciated.
    Start a new thread in my section if you want to talk about it. I appreciate you not taking my comment the wrong way, as there was certainly no malice intended. We can jockey back and forth with some different ideas and angles of looking at things. You don't have a mentality that is wrong on a factual side, but if you are open to talk, I can explain to you what I have to a bunch of other guys (including group and swat).
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast