Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Chinese Made Optics

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I went to academy sports yesterday to get a few things, ammo for one. They have the best prices for ammo anywhere IMO, as good if not better than online. I checked everything for made in China, almost everything that is.. I missed the simple Hoppe's cleaning rod until I got home. Oh well, I'll use it until it breaks or maybe put it in my range bag. Lesson learned..

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1986s4 View Post
    I went to academy sports yesterday to get a few things, ammo for one. They have the best prices for ammo anywhere IMO, as good if not better than online. I checked everything for made in China, almost everything that is.. I missed the simple Hoppe's cleaning rod until I got home. Oh well, I'll use it until it breaks or maybe put it in my range bag. Lesson learned..
    Im fanatic about it now. I ask online a lot & when people dont respond or give a shady answer..PASS.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    Im fanatic about it now. I ask online a lot & when people dont respond or give a shady answer..PASS.
    Yeah, I'm anybody but China these days.

Feedback Score
    I was just across the street from the Chinese embassy in DC, a lot of our tax money is being spent protecting them right now. Lots of Secret Service cars around it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1986s4 View Post
    Yeah, I'm anybody but China these days.
    Yep...ABC...ANYWHERE BUT CHINA.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    Guangdong is a huge shipping area. You'll see that name very often .

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoochild View Post
    Curious question. Does there have to be a certain % of parts made/assembled in USA to put Made in USA or just up to the MFG/Dealer to do what they want.
    There is no certificate for propucts. Most made in USA includes foreign sub assembly's. I build American made motors. Our parts are from China,Mexico all ends of the Earth.

I like my Atibal xp8. Even better than the strike eagle. It is not a cheaply built product and it is well worth that money the quality is excellent and the warranty lifetime. if there was a single American maker out there that had that kind of scope with that kind of quality at that price it would be sitting on top of my rifle right now but there's none so I'm proud of buying what I bought. The company is american-owned.

Feedback Score
    The Chinese manufacturers have some decent products. I remember when we used to say "Made in Japan" meant junk. That was in the 50s and 60s until Japan began beating our asses at the manufacturing game and did beat us. As you know, Made in Japan is a good thing now. I see China going the same route.
    However there is a huge difference between the China and Japan discussion; China is now an enemy, a totalitarian regime and should not be supported in any way.
    Fire in the Hole

Feedback Score
    But I hate China, the behavior regarding Covid 19 has cost thousands of people their lives, and other untold suffering which may in some cases not be over for the victims ever.

I have seen my longest term best friend from childhood, lose his business and it will not come back in the next few years in the Seattle area. I have watched my own business suffer, we had our income drop to zero. But it took us spending the profit for the last 1.5 years to bring teams out of countries that closed down. I am talking private jets, having to fly people out. Our last extraction out of Africa almost could be made into a movie. We tried to sell PPE, but that business became the biggest bunch of con men around. So we walked away from it.

So back to zero income, staff and intelligence assets still need to be paid.

So yes I hate China, but not the Chinese people.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Back on topic, in totalitarian Communist China, there are no successful companies or wealthy business people without direct ties to the CCP. CCP agenda is subversive and long-term. I recently travelled to Australia and was amazed at the dependency that the Australian economy has on China. Everything from farming to tourism, construction to tech, revolve around Chinese money. The US is headed there (see McDonald's ads written in Simplified Chinese on the local busses) and I hope that we wise up as a nation before it's too late.
    Last edited by crosseyedshooter; 05-21-20 at 12:32.

Feedback Score
    If half the people in America bought $20 less of Chinese crap each week, it would amount to 170 billion a year. Just saying, I only buy something with China on it when I have absolutely no other choice.

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast