Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which upper ?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Out of those choices, Sabre Defense would be my choice, they put out good stuff before running afoul with the law. Stag would be number 2.
    Sabre was hit and miss. My first SBR was a SABRE 11.5 with a gas port the size of Stormy Daniel's hatchet wound. Bravo used to deal their stuff, but the quality was so hit and miss, they quit.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    I'm a Colt guy. However, we've had good luck with Stag products as well. All the Stag uppers we have, have the plus package. We've run the crap out of them without issue, YMMV.

Good luck, NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    No reason not to get a complete Colt URG...but if you insist on something cheaper, I’ve had good luck with the Aero uppers. And they go on sale quite frequently for under $400 with BCG/CH.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

Which upper ?

Cannot comment on Stag, but I’ve got my hands on a CMMG Mk4 308 that I’ve slowly been updating/modernizing. Had some barrel work done by Marvin Pitts, new rail, trigger, internals, stock, buffet system etc. it’s several years old. But what I will tell you is that it is very accurate. (SS heavy PROFILE barrel) It wasn’t the nicest looking 308 I’ve seen, but it’s not a POS either. I’ve talked to the folks st CMMG via several emails. They are responsive even when I’m just asking for info to help me with the work I’m doing with parts that they aren’t selling me and they have no dog in the fight. They were very helpful. I think that says a lot. Especially when you can try to get some support for an actual issue and can’t get a timely response from some companies. But back to the rifle. There are no issues with the rifle. It’s not an AR-15, but I believe it would have to same or similar level of quality. From what I have seen, it was out together well, good fit and finish and was built with good quality parts. For a plinker, I wouldn’t hesitate to go the CMMG route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RobertTheTexan; 10-12-18 at 20:04.
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Is Sabre still around?

+1 on the STAG if it's strictly a plinker.
    If their magazines are a indicator of quality elsewhere, i.e. rifles, I would say “thanks but no thanks”. That might be a stretch. - but if you can’t make a good magazine, then......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    As has been already posted, Brownells has Colt 6920 uppers for $399 and with code NEH you get 30% off and free shipping which means $369 delivered to your door. This is the best option. If it is too much then your friend cannot afford to shoot, therefore cannot afford the rifle to begin with.

Feedback Score
    Stag out of those choices, but why not spend a bit more for some of the better options out there. That Brownell's deal would be hard to pass up if I was looking for another upper.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by twm134 View Post
    As has been already posted, Brownells has Colt 6920 uppers for $399 and with code NEH you get $30.00off and free shipping which means $369 delivered to your door. This is the best option. If it is too much then your friend cannot afford to shoot, therefore cannot afford the rifle to begin with.
    FIFY - I was all over that 30% dealt to mate an upper to my Colt lower, alas it was $30.00 as I should have realized if I had read all of your post.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    These are the salad days. Silly to buy anything questionable...especially for a newcomer.

Feedback Score
    Sorry yeah, it is only $30 off but it is still the best option, in my opinion for an upper. It will work well whether you want a plinker or want to got to war and I think it is the best value for an upper currently available.

The Brownells Colt 6960 upper is also a very good value as well and would be an exceptional choice if one was willing to spend more.
    Last edited by twm134; 10-12-18 at 21:06.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast