Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Geissele rifles & uppers.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dan1612 View Post
    Let’s not forget KAC is not true ambi.
    Trying to understand the advantage to anyone, but left handed folks, of an ambi lower. I have a full ambi lower, and other than using the bolt release on the right side a handful of times, I see no use for ambi controls.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Let’s not forget KAC is not true ambi.
    Trying to understand the advantage to anyone, but left handed folks, of an ambi lower. I have a full ambi lower, and other than using the bolt release on the right side a handful of times (just to try it out), I see no use for ambi controls.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    If one trains full shoulder transitions isn't it useful to be able to perform a combat reload with the same motions from either side? I have no ambidextrous controls but I need a lot more work on the basics before I consider things like that.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    If one trains full shoulder transitions isn't it useful to be able to perform a combat reload with the same motions from either side? I have no ambidextrous controls but I need a lot more work on the basics before I consider things like that.
    I find it more useful to maintain a consistent manual of arms. I would think that in a realistic scenario where you've transitioned to your left shoulder, you can still release the magazine easily with the thumb of your right hand pretty easily, no?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    ^Yep. Reach up and hit the mag release with your thumb, all in the same motion as catching or pulling the mag out.

Mags on the chest are easier to get to but you have to mind your draw so that the mag isn’t pointed backwards when it comes out.

I used to be real big on weak side transitions, never liked running an ambi lower.

Feedback Score
    Ran the Duty Rifle at the SOLGW carbine match as promised. Twisted on a Precision Armament M4-72 brake and briefly confirmed I was on target before we hit the road. HOLY SHIT that brake is loud, but effective. There were four of them in our group.

The rifle ran flawlessly for two days, but absolutely HATES the 55 gr IMI i brought with me. After day one I went and took my time at the sight-in range. 5 MOA w vertical stringing. FIVE. I then ran a group of 77gr RazorCore through it to make sure I wasn't having a stroke and the first group I shot was about 1 MOA and I could do better w/ more patience and magnification.

The trigger is great, the extended gas cycles smoothly w/ full power ammo and a brake, I made hits to 480 yards (didnt complete the stage but my dope was not prepared). Next year I'll have a BDC on the rifle. All in all I am very pleased, but the groupings with 55gr are concerning.

In the end it's lack of experience and training (and cardio) that held me back but I managed to squeak into the top half of my division. Considering the company I'll take it.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    ^
    Must be the IMI.
    I got about 2 moa last time I measured 193 with a Razor.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    ^
    Must be the IMI.
    I got about 2 moa last time I measured 193 with a Razor.
    I have an SR15 that shoots IMI at like 3moa at best. I was super disappointed in it. So inconsistent it was hard to zero.
    It is from the construction of underground FEMA camps. I can't say more because there a guy parked in front of house in an AMC Pacer. He is acting like he talking on the phone, but I know better.

I have to sign off now & put my laptop in the microwave.
    - cqbdriver

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Zane1844 View Post
    I have an SR15 that shoots IMI at like 3moa at best. I was super disappointed in it. So inconsistent it was hard to zero.
    As mentioned above the 77gr IMI Razor is the shiznit if you can find it. I stocked up a few years back during the "Days of wine and roses".
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    As mentioned above the 77gr IMI Razor is the shiznit if you can find it. I stocked up a few years back during the "Days of wine and roses".
    Is the IMI 77gr. Razor like the BH 77gr. SMK in performance?

Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast