Thread: V Seven 2099 ultra light handguard

Feedback Score

V Seven 2099 ultra light handguard

Does anyone have experience with the V Seven 2099 ultra light M-lok handguards? I see they offer barrel nuts for DPMS / SR25 and the Armalite. Barrel nut is titanium and looks like it would make for a pretty solid connection.

Here's a link: https://www.vsevenweaponsystems.com/...-308dpms-sr25/

Feedback Score
    may i suggest you to go with "guntech US" 308 handguard? they pretty much the same stuff, but 3x cheaper..

Feedback Score
    72 (100%)
    I have experience with an AR15 version. Feels very good in hand. Light weight. Machined well (I have a hunch SMOS machines it but I’ve no inside confirmation). Noveske-style attachment.

Personally, I don’t think the added cost is worth the weight savings. I would only personally buy if building a complete VSeven rifle.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    I have experience with an AR15 version. Feels very good in hand. Light weight. Machined well (I have a hunch SMOS machines it but I’ve no inside confirmation). Noveske-style attachment.

Personally, I don’t think the added cost is worth the weight savings. I would only personally buy if building a complete VSeven rifle.
    do you mean the guntech handguards?

i have used some "era3" mlok handguards (theyre virtually the same) and as fledge pointed out, yes they do feel super good in hand, mounting system is pretty solid too.

not saying anything on Vseven.. but dang that quite expensive.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallop View Post
    do you mean the guntech handguards?

i have used some "era3" mlok handguards (theyre virtually the same) and as fledge pointed out, yes they do feel super good in hand, mounting system is pretty solid too.

not saying anything on Vseven.. but dang that quite expensive.
    Pretty sure fledge is talking about V7. There are very valid reasons why they're so expensive.

I have used the Enlightened handguard on my 14.5" AR-15. Nice enough, though I still feel like the WedgeLock feels better in hand. Haven't had any issues so far.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallop View Post
    may i suggest you to go with "guntech US" 308 handguard? they pretty much the same stuff, but 3x cheaper..
    I wasn't familiar with them. Looks like their 308 stuff is all DPMS low spec rail and I need Armalite compatibility.

Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post

Thanks! My main interest was Armalite compatibility, stout barrel nut, and the 2099 is supposed to be comparable to 7075 in stiffness. The weight savings is a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    Pretty sure fledge is talking about V7. There are very valid reasons why they're so expensive.

I have used the Enlightened handguard on my 14.5" AR-15. Nice enough, though I still feel like the WedgeLock feels better in hand. Haven't had any issues so far.
    Would be nice if the wedgelock was offered with an Armalite barrel nut. Those are are stout handguards.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 36trap View Post
    Would be nice if the wedgelock was offered with an Armalite barrel nut. Those are are stout handguards.
    Centurion Arms also has Armalite compatible handguards, albeit their old-style .308 version with only their CMR attachment.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    Centurion Arms also has Armalite compatible handguards, albeit their old-style .308 version with only their CMR attachment.
    I've had the CMR in my cart several times and keep abandoning it. I'd rather have the CMR over a M-lok setup but the small diameter has me questioning gas block clearance in some situations.