Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Buffer detent pin broke

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Balor View Post
    Some of you guys are full of crap, if the buffer doesn't run against the buffer detente then how can you close the AR when it is put together? How can you open the AR without the buffer flying out? How do you explain the detente marks on the buffer? No some of you need to go back to GS class/school. Yes the buffer detente does and will stop the buffer and will break/bend the detente.

rngr1
    Thats a hell of an F-ED UP first post.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Mark, I don't remember if it was here or not but someone had a rifle busting pins because the hole was drilled too far forward. His buffer looked like a steel toothed badger chewed on it!! I doubt that is the OP's problem on his old SP1. He is probably one and done and we'll never see what stopped the rifle.
    Yep.. just a fluke or something.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Do yourself a yuuuuge favor. Check yourself befo' you wreck yourself.

Some of you guys are full of crap, if the buffer doesn't run against the buffer detente then how can you close the AR when it is put together? How can you open the AR without the buffer flying out? How do you explain the detente marks on the buffer? No some of you need to go back to GS class/school. Yes the buffer detente does and will stop the buffer and will break/bend the detente.

rngr1

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)

rngr1
    You've been around four years and this the best first post you can come up with? Maybe try reading some more (comprehension helps) and come back in another four years try again.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    The tit was mangled & got wedged under the rear of the trigger—at least that’s where I found it after breaking things down. The buffer is a new H buffer I installed because I thought the original Colt carbine buffer must be evil—otherwise why would they sell H, H2, H3?

The original buffer looked barely used. The gun is quite cherry—a steal at $1500!

The first time I shot it, the gun locked up as the springs from the hammer weren’t seated in the trigger pin groove. My fault—I didn’t check. I assumed the gun was 100% from a fellow gun guy.

It was a used gun, the original owner said there was under 1000 M193 (National Guardsman, got ammo “free”).

Is there any benefit to the heavy duty HK or Lietner Wise detents?

In reading responses, I think not. I futzed around with the detent out—maybe that’s the easier answer vs a $20 souped up part.
    Last edited by MSW; 06-26-18 at 19:24. Reason: Clarity

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    Do yourself a yuuuuge favor. Check yourself befo' you wreck yourself.
    Respectfully request to use that line sometime.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bamashooter View Post
    Respectfully request to use that line sometime.
    Ice Cube hereby grants permission.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    Ice Cube hereby grants permission.
    Just correct the yuuuge spelling to Huuuuge. Just kidding

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Does anyone know if HK buffer retainer will even work in a regular AR?

Feedback Score
    I tried one & it doesn’t work. It sits too high & needs to be modified.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast