Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: USAF war zone crews to get modified M4

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by platoonDaddy View Post
    Interesting article. The quick note on the Bushmaster Arm Pistol was amusing as well. Goofy thing for sure. Makes sense now though...I do remember seeing it on their older logos but not sure if I ever knew (until now) exactly what it was.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lysander View Post
    GUU is for personal armament.

GAU is for aircraft armament.

The new GAU-5 technically is part of the aircraft; part of the ejection seat survival pack...

The old GAU-5 designation was made before the Air Force had personal armament that wasn't Army type classified.
    *Facepalm*

I'm ashamed that didn't occur to me on my own.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    We are very proud to be envolved with this project.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Industries View Post
    We are very proud to be envolved with this project.
    Schweet!

I have an AR pistol with a LAW Tactical folding stock adapter, and a 11.5" BCM barrel. These items could make it an even more compact and versatile package.

I'll be in touch with you gents.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Does anyone have any first hand experience with the Cry Havoc Tactic QRB? I'd be interested in hearing first hand comments on how durable/reliable the system is. How easy/hard is it for those forward facing levers to accidentally get knocked loose?

I think the concept has merit. Put one of these on an AR pistol and you would have an extremely compact package that you could stash just about anywhere.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Considering its use it really only needs to last and be reliable for 4 mags worth of ammo. Beyond that you're either rescued or killed/captured.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Interesting concept, hopefully they develop the TTP's and the reoccurring training to back it up.
    Last edited by Tortuga; 07-02-18 at 15:03. Reason: Simplification

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Sweet baby Harambe, a folding knife??

That will work great when batoning firewood....oh wait, it won't. Sigh.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tortuga View Post
    And don't even get me started about carrying a pistol in a cross draw holster and NEVER training or qualifying in that configuration.
    Come on...a downed aircrewman in a survival situation isn't going to be in a situation where the second or so gained in the gross motor skill of having practiced drawing from the holster in the survival vest is going to make a difference. All that gear is about being able to simply *have* the equipment following an ejection...not the presentation of it for use in some fighting scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Tortuga View Post
    And as much as I like the idea of better arming our aircrew, without the continuing training to go with a weapon, it's a waste of resources and space.
    We are talking about giving guys a fighting chance to avoid starring in their own internet beheading/murder video, not taking part in a raid on foot. Anything more capable than an M9 makes a difference.

FWIW, in the units that I'm familiar with, they moved some of the equipment out of the seat pack and on to the survival vest itself to make room for the M4 (which was the initial iteration of this project -- an M4 that was essentially chopped off at the FSB).
    Last edited by HackerF15E; 07-01-18 at 21:15.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Exactly... Thank you.

Just ask the Jordanian pilot that was captured and burned alive in a cage a few weeks later by ISIS.

Quote Originally Posted by HackerF15E View Post
    Come on...a downed aircrewman in a survival situation isn't going to be in a situation where the second or so gained in the gross motor skill of having practiced drawing from the holster in the survival vest is going to make a difference. All that gear is about being able to simply *have* the equipment following an ejection...not the presentation of it for use in some fighting scenario.

We are talking about giving guys a fighting chance to avoid starring in their own internet beheading/murder video, not taking part in a raid on foot. Anything more capable than an M9 makes a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast