Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Don't forget about your finances

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    toilet paper, ammunition, and coffee will certainly be important components of even a collapsed society.
    Maybe that's why preppers have a supply of those things for hard times fatty.

Feedback Score
    Nobody can go wrong with physical gold.

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Boon View Post
    Maybe that's why preppers have a supply of those things for hard times fatty.
    Can you not be a denigrating dick in every post? It’s getting really tiring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by just a scout View Post

Sorry if I hurt your feelings.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Serious question. I was always curious why people collect gold for true SHTF?

The way I see it is if the world has gone to complete shit the last thing I need is something shiny that has no useful value. It's only valuable because people like shiny things. I'll trade ya ammo, food, water, shelter, fuel, meds....etc.. but what am I going to do with gold? Can't eat it, can't drink it, does burn for warmth or fuel. Can't cure or ease pain, can't be used for shelter.

What am I missing? I get investments, I'm not talking about that
    Gold is extremely valuable because its the best metal for a lot of things, and its rare.

Silver is almost as good and less rare, hence the price.
    Platinum and palladium are close to gold in physical/electrical/chemical properties, and supply/demand dictates price.
    Palladium has doubled in price over the past 5years.

Last edited by MegademiC; 02-22-20 at 10:16.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Gold is extremely valuable because its the best metal for a lot of things, and its rare.
    Yeah, gold is useful in an organized society that can use it, but if we're talking survival and no infrastructure, I'd rather have 10,000 rounds of ammunition and 1000 Cipro tablets than a few pounds of gold.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post

Looks good . The only problem I have with palladium is that it's a small market and not understood by many.

Feedback Score
    Yeah, gold is useful in an organized society that can use it, but if we're talking survival and no infrastructure, I'd rather have 10,000 rounds of ammunition and 1000 Cipro tablets than a few pounds of gold.

Dream on slim.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by just a scout View Post

Mick may not be able to stop it, but I sure can.

Feedback Score
    No infrastructure means someone needs to rebuild. Gold will be of great value to them. Its a currency. It may not be of immediate value to you, but can be used to buy stuff.

If you think its a possibility you will live out your days in the woods with no outside contact, then other stuff would be of better use to you.

Besides, for the price, you could have both. A few lb of gold is $100k
    Last edited by MegademiC; 02-22-20 at 11:20.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast