Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Haley Skimmer trigger for Glocks?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    I FEEL like a well tuned 1911 has an 1/8th of an inch of TOTAL travel. To me, a nicely tuned 1911 feels like it has 1/16th an inch of pre travel, certainly not an 1/8th.
    just for the sake of information, i measured the trigger travel on my MARS 1911.
    pre travel is .04", overtravel is .01"
    total travel is .05" (fully forward to fully rear)

1/16" is .0625"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Travis Haley "SKIMMER" for Glock (Pics & FAQ Discussion)

I finally received my package today from Jeff Wilson over at Glocktriggers.com.

Original Discussion: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=95151

Rather than reviewing the product, I think it will be better to have a Q&A session as this thread grows.

My initial impression is that this is a very high quality piece of kit and although it's an "aftermarket" kit, it still uses factory parts to keep it consistent with factory reliability.

It does everything Travis had described in his Youtube video so take his word for it guys, this is solid upgrade to those that want to clean up their trigger pull.

Pictures:

Old vs. New

New vs Old

Old vs New (longer):

Initial Impressions:
    -Absolutely NO pre-travel. Once you depress the trigger safety, the gun is ready to go.
    -VERY little creep
    -Extremely smooth pull with little or no friction
    -Crisp break
    -Same reset point

Video Comparison: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1P0mH...ature=youtu.be

Lets open this up for discussion
    Last edited by Cosmo M3; 12-23-11 at 17:05.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dougwg View Post
    .5" from wall to stop
    .5" from stop to reset

1" is correct.
    I measure about .100. it's not an easy thing to measure with calipers, but it is nowhere near a half inch.

Feedback Score
    Just thought I would add a bit of clarification. By no means am I against Haley Strategic and GlockTriggers in coming out with this product. More power to them. Like others here, I know Travis and have nothing but good experiences with him so not hatin here.

Again you are paying for the labor and the know how, because if you were to use your own existing parts, you would simply be paying mostly for a minus connector, provided you had some basic tools and the knowledge which isn't rocket science, but many people ruin some parts learning the process, so it might be worth it for many people just to purchase. So I have no problems with what is offered in this package, purely from a functional standpoint and I am not getting into pricing. If it is worth the price, it is up to the individual. In reality, I don't prefer too extreme of a trigger job on the Glock even though I can do these mods and take them even further. I do like a slightly reduced pre-travel but more so I like a slightly lighter pull and the creep (gritty feel) removed which is easily done in a combination of ways.

I have seen some photo's of the kit that show enough for me to say that I am 90% confident of what has been done, which again is nothing new and Travis isn't claiming this either. I cannot view a couple certain angles to confirm a couple other possibilities but the main modifications are obvious if you slightly understand what your looking at and I am not talking about the polish job. There are a lot of people out there, myself included who do these mods, or even go more extreme. I have no doubt GlockTriggers can easily go more extreme also, but then you are finding a balance for a "drop in" trigger, that you won't proclaim to be "range or competition only".

Again if you work for an agency that has policy against weapons modifications and most agencies will not allow ANY modification to trigger components, this trigger will more than likely not fall into a "stock components" category. They are stock components that are modified and re-engineered. This is verboten in most agencies.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by skyugo View Post
    I measure about .100. it's not an easy thing to measure with calipers, but it is nowhere near a half inch.
    I was more just explaining how they were measuring and much less about the actual amounts...

Now that I'm here at work with a Glock 22gen4 please allow me to be more precise.

From trigger at rest(full forward position) to the stop is darn near .5"
    Then from stop to to the full forward position is another .5"
    This is where they got the whole 1.0" of movement from.

I neither agree nor disagree that this is the end all be all of Glock triggers. I don't have a dog in this fight.

I was just trying to help, some not all, people here understand what they were talking about.

Thanks for not understanding that and calling me to the floor though.

P.S. Buy you stating yours is a total of .1" you just prove that you misunderstood not only what they were talking about but also my feeble attempt at educating those that didn't, don't and probably never will understand.
    Doug Holloway
    ATEi

Feedback Score
    Shut up Doug and get my guns finished,
    STEVE FISHER
    INSTRUCTOR
    Sentinel Concepts

Consultant for
    Trijicon
    midwest industries
    Nighthawk custom firearms

Feedback Score