Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast

Thread: DPMS GII .308

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LRRPF52 View Post
    That's some serious mangling of the brass, now with dual ejectors. Anyone with an LMT ever see that kind of ejector flow into the two ejector channels?
    I'm assuming that this is due to the brass hugging the chamber because it is being extracted too soon. I have an adjustable gas block that I am going to put on soon to see if less gas stops this.

Both types of primers are cratered as well, as you can see. Do you have an early or later model GII?
    I have the latest model.

Feedback Score
    Just purchased and received my Armalite AR-10 DEF for $908.99 zero tax. She comes in at 7.9 lbs. I did purchase an Armalite adjustable gas block, Which should work great with the 1 in 11.25 twist for spitting out the lighter to heavier grain pills and a Armalite TAC 12" Handguard to replace the cheap plastic handguard. I got both for just over $220.00. At the business end, I am putting a PWS muzzle brake on the barrel, this is the same one that comes stock on the SCAR17. As for the lower, I have a Geissele SSA laying in my gun bag, and to top it off, I purchased a Primary Arms 1x6 ACSS with Magpul 90 degree off set sights. All together this true AR-10, "Battle Rifle", will come in under $1500.00 not counting the unopened, never used, Geissele SSA. This Armalite will be this poor mans SCAR-H. Price just went down to $903.64 http://www.tombstonetactical.com/cat...in-20rd-black/

Feedback Score
    I'm trying to figure out what the Armalite has to do with this thread.

Feedback Score
    This AR-10 DEF use's Magpul Magazines. I forgot to add the price of the off set sights. They were about $169.00 so that puts me close to $1700.00. WOW, This Black Gun Disease really adds up and takes it's toll. And if I didn't all ready have the Geissele SSA it would be around $1900.00. Starting to feel sick. LOL, She will be a wonderful life long companion to my 3 other AR's. Two in 5.56 x45 and now my second favorite the one I built in 6.8 x43

Feedback Score
    Well I was looking to buy a G2 Recon and it is a really great rifle hard to get. So when talking about .308/7.62 x51 Armalite came to mind. Sorry for hijacking your .308/7.62 X51 DPMS G2 Thread.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.robbdee View Post
    Well I was looking to buy a G2 Recon and it is a really great rifle hard to get. So when talking about .308/7.62 x51 Armalite came to mind. Sorry for hijacking your .308/7.62 X51 DPMS G2 Thread.
    I just didn't know what you were getting at. I'm expect the rifle you purchased will serve you well.

I considered the Armalite and others but chose the G2 because of the innovative BCG design. The G2 isn't perfect but I'm going to tune this thing to where it is close.

Feedback Score
    firstly, those primers are not "flattened", they are normal for the G2. the extrusion you see around the firing-pin indentation is because the firing pin hole is slightly too large (by G2 default). hence, it the primer slightly expands into the firing pin channel, around the firing pin head.
    if the primers were truly flattened/cratering, there would be no ridge around the primer's edge. it would would completely squashed into the recess and appear almost completely smooth/flat, with no edge/groove.

secondly, the ejector marks are bad, yes. but this is apparently because the G2 is seriously over-gassed, and many people recommend to install an adjustable gasblock. I did that today and will be testing over the weekend.

Feedback Score
    Remember, they are still in a learning curve on these. When they start to address the issues, we would need to see how they turn out then. I'm not convinced they are GTG now, but we will have to see if they make the changes do so in time.
    Maybe they will?
    Maybe they won't?
    Let time be the judge on this new twist on the system.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It seems as if Remington's submission to the CSASS competition was based on the GII. I wonder if Remington fixed the issues?

Remington also won a contract with the DEA for a relatively small number of rifles in which the requirements were similar to the CSASS. I dont know which receiver they were based on.

If Remington's version of the GII is doing well, it might be good to wait until they are available commercially.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LRRPF52 View Post
    That's some serious mangling of the brass, now with dual ejectors. Anyone with an LMT ever see that kind of ejector flow into the two ejector channels?

Both types of primers are cratered as well, as you can see. Do you have an early or later model GII?
    The ejectors are located further out on the case rim and of smaller diameter. Add LMTs rifle gas on 16 inchers plus the much heavier BCG and the LMTs are one of the easiest on brass, at least in my experience. Too heavy for me but they run nice.

Quote Originally Posted by KUSA View Post
    Here is a picture of some cheap ball ammo.

Here is a hand load that I was working on. It's not as bad with the hand load but still not good. I had 44.7 grains of H335 behind a 155 Amax.
    Remove the ejectors and break the corners on the ejector holes in the bolt face. That will help.

The Sentry gas block works well.
    Director of Operations
    Co owner Wyoming Arms

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast