"Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    MBUS

Feedback Score
    Got mine today from AIM.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I received my rear MBUS from DSarms Monday night and promptly broke it while installing it on my SBR. What sucks is I was just tightening it to remove any play. I E-mailed MagPul that night and received a reply that it may be a week before I heard back from them. I guess I'm standing by to stand by!!
    Last edited by CarlosDJackal; 05-06-09 at 10:58.
    We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I

Feedback Score
    That is one of two issues I found with them.

The bracket is small and would likely be the failure point just as you described. Also the sight appatures are kid of dirty (molding). that part has to be clean in my opinion since the purpose it to provide clear view for aiming.

It is not bad, but it just seems rough.

Overall, I am happy with the product for the price. Although, i've not had mine long enough to determine if it will hold a 0.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlosDJackal View Post
    I received my rear MBUS from DSarms Monday night and promptly broke it while installing it on my SBR. What sucks is I was just tightening it to remove any play. I E-mailed MagPul that night and received a reply that it may be a week before I heard back from them. I guess I'm standing by to stand by!!
    Over torqued the screw. It is plastic after all.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlosDJackal View Post
    The only way we have been able duplicate this failure in house is to over torque the mounting screw. It really needs very little torque to sufficiently tighten the screw and the pre-applied Nyloc patch will keep it from inadvertently loosening.

Once the screw encounters some resistance and 'stops' it only needs to be tightened another quarter turn or so, that's it.

In all future packaging we will include a little warning note to the affect.

In the meantime we of course will replace your sight with a new one. Our customer support guy, Justin, is on this.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Now that's support...
    Remember, the Founding Fathers reason for the 2nd Amendment... to combat tyranny. Sadly, when people discuss the 2nd Amendment, the opponents erroneously think it was meant to stand alone... it HAS a preamble:

"...But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security..."

— John Hancock

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    I know this is off subject but Zeus your signature gives me patriotic chills...
    -They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security- Benjamin Franklin

-Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Live, I will kill you. If I Die, You are forgiven." Such is the Rule of Honor.- Lamb of God- Omerta

ابن بيت وأنا كافر

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RichFitz View Post
    The only way we have been able duplicate this failure in house is to over torque the mounting screw. It really needs very little torque to sufficiently tighten the screw and the pre-applied Nyloc patch will keep it from inadvertently loosening.

Once the screw encounters some resistance and 'stops' it only needs to be tightened another quarter turn or so, that's it.

In all future packaging we will include a little warning note to the affect.

In the meantime we of course will replace your sight with a new one. Our customer support guy, Justin, is on this.
    Thanks Rich. I did read the instructions prior to installation and did not find anything about how much to tighten it. I did not just torque down the screw all at once. What I did was tighten it down and check to see if the BUIS was still loose. I guess I did this one too many times.

Here is what it currently looks like:
    We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast