Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tact hand held light with 1000 lumens

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Tact hand held light with 1000 lumens

Will be attending a Low Light Course, searching for a hand held light with 1000 lumens. On Amazon, the number 1 complaint is the advertised lumens is BS.

Any recommendations?

Thanks
    Last edited by platoonDaddy; 11-18-19 at 18:16.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    For a handheld light, I use an Elzetta Charlie. Its rated for 900 lumens. I’d also look hard at one of Surefire’s offerings. Some of those meet your requirements, and beyond. There are others that I don’t have experience with that other posters may.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Tact hand held light with 1000 lumens

SureFire Fury Dual Fuel Tactical. 1500 lumens with the 18650 rechargeable battery is what I currently carry.

Looking to replace it with the Modlite PLH 18650 handheld at some point.
    Last edited by CESwartz07; 11-18-19 at 19:21.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I wouldn’t tie yourself to a specific lumen count. Not all lights are equal so a 600 lumen G2X tactical will be far better than any number of 1k lumen amazon cheapies. I just took a low light course last weekend with a G2X and it worked great. The indoor range doesn’t go past 25 yds so if it went past that, I’d probably look at the new Stiletto Pro or one of the Fury lights. Surefire X300U is the standard for a WML.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I wouldn’t tie yourself to a specific lumen count. Not all lights are equal so a 600 lumen G2X tactical will be far better than any number of 1k lumen amazon cheapies. I just took a low light course last weekend with a G2X and it worked great. The indoor range doesn’t go past 25 yds so if it went past that, I’d probably look at the new Stiletto Pro or one of the Fury lights. Surefire X300U is the standard for a WML.

The G2x is what I used before the Elzetta, and it is as viable now as it was then.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    The G2x is what I used before the Elzetta, and it is as viable now as it was then.
    Yeah I’ve never used the Elzettas, but I’ve had these two G2Xs for several years. They usually live in the vehicles as emergency lights and are just a great all around option. The Raven pocket clip is a solid little addition and has come in handy several times when walking the dogs. Unfortunately I took the non-tactical version to the class, so I had to hit it twice for a high output and didn’t have the clip on that one. Dumb mistake, but I prefer the WML anyways.

OP, are you going straight handheld or using both?

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I wasn't even 1/2 way through the original post before Elzetta Charlie (with AVS Spot Head) entered my mind.

Accidentally latching the switch on is highly unlikely, the high/low tailcap delivers a very useful amount of light when needed. It delivers a great mix of throw and spill.

Feedback Score
    Don't buy a thing right now, it is not quite available yet but the next thing is going to be laser flashlights. This one has over a million candela.

https://www.amazon.com/ACEBEAM-W30-T...language=en_US

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I assume you already have a WML? If not then an X300U or TLR1 HL if you are on a budget.

Before I recommend something, what is your intended use? Just for SD use? Other? Is USB rechargeable Ok or do you just want to use CR123 batteries?

Also nowadays with any quality light there is no reason to worry about total or actual lumens.

Dennis.
    Last edited by Dennis; 11-19-19 at 02:16.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bullseye View Post
    Don't buy a thing right now, it is not quite available yet but the next thing is going to be laser flashlights. This one has over a million candela.

https://www.amazon.com/ACEBEAM-W30-T...language=en_US
    Gross.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast