Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Buy overpriced lowers or wait and hope?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Stay on topic and cut the bickering and BS. Only warning.
    Love you Pop. F*ck Cancer.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukr View Post
    A number of years ago (maybe 10 or 12), I bought a few Aero lowers for $200 each. I couldn't find any other parts except for these lowers. And then few years ago I was buying their lowers for $55 each. I guess I paid what I had to at the time.
    The firearm version of "dollar cost averaging..."

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    What good is noncompliance but to delay the inevitable?
    Which is?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    When I read a post like that of the OP, I think back to all the guys in AWB states, and the people who stalled for the 86 ban.

Does anyone else remember when the Mauser C96 (Broom handle) swarmed the market and they were dirt cheap? I kick myself hard and often for not jumping on a small pile of them. The dirt cheap SKS and AKs? Sure the AK is a dirty commie trash can gun, but cheap is cheap. The $50 Mosins? The low priced imported surplus ammo? The list goes on and on. Those of us who procrastinate wish we hadn't sooner or later.
    I could have wrote these very words, I learned though.
    Married to my hero life saver best friend wife & proud father of 2.

BSmith "But, some of the shit falls under the "just because you can..."
    Iraqgunz "Enough of your nonsense. Please check yourself post haste."
    markm "If you like the side charger and see the lack of dust cover as a plus, you should double down on bad ideas and get a piston as well. A case of Independece Ammo will be the icing on the cake."

Feedback Score
    How many stripped lowers do you consider enough? 2? 6? 10?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowNotEverything View Post
    That's a question I'll bet everyone on this board has asked themselves, and there's no real answer. How many for what. To have one for self defense, to sale at profit, to leave each of yourkids that doesn't care anyway? And why lowers? If the marxists do indeed take over and cram thier wants down the collective nations throat, what makes anyone think for a second that parts and uppers won't be regulated or even banned?

It also depends on what you do. For me if I had to break it down that's an SBR, SPR, GP carbine. Anything else is extra, but that's not saying extra's are a bad thing. Currently I'd buy more ammo if I had my needs covered. Earlier this week I looked at a dozen places and couldn't even find something as simple as a Magpul sling.
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Depends on how many full guns you own. Most of us have more than we need, I sure do. But I have one KAC stripped and one Spikes Crusader, and one KAC is not the true ambi KAC, its the Bullshit version. I guess thats enough.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Do you have at least one complete rifle outfitted with an optic, back-up sighting system, light, sling, at least 10 magazines, training ammo, defense ammo, and spare parts?

If your answer is "no" to any of those listed above, you shouldn't be buying spare lowers in my opinion.
    Last edited by scooter22; 07-30-20 at 20:33.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I’d echo the above but I’d do one full kitted rifle, then a second full kitted rifle. Optic and everything, before buying spare parts and lowers.

Why?

Look at the shootings that have happened with the riots. The guns used are immediately taken into evidence. So if you think there’s a reasonable chance you’ll use your rifle for real you need an immediate ready to go backup fo when you’re released from interrogation.

That pile of bolts and stripped lowers won’t do you much good that first night home.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast