View Poll Results: What companies Hunting Camo do you wear?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Realtree AP/APG/Xtra/etc

16 20.51%
  • Mossy Oak Breakup/Obsession/etc

12 15.38%
  • Sitka Optifade/Subalpine/etc

11 14.10%
  • Kuiu Vias/Verde/Verde(2.0)

6 7.69%
  • Badlands Approach

0 0%
  • Cabelas Instinct/Zone/etc

3 3.85%
  • Kryptek Highlander/Altitude/etc

7 8.97%
  • Under Armor Ridge Reaper/etc

2 2.56%
  • No camo. Solids.

8 10.26%
  • Other..

33 42.31%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: What hunting camouflage do you use?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Related question for Hunters:

Why is military camo different from hunters' camo? Seems like basic USGI woodland camo would be as good as anything in any forested area.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post

Why is military camo different from hunters' camo? Seems like basic USGI woodland camo would be as good as anything in any forested area.
    The short answer is yes- as a kid I used surplus woodland camo for hunting. Due to the free market multiple companies have developed dozens of different camo patterns for hunting, any of which is more or less effective for the environment they were developed for. In my experience the type of camouflage worn is secondary to scent and movement control. But the right camouflage can give you the extra edge to get closer to your game.
    Last edited by flenna; 09-22-19 at 07:21.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post

UV GLOW.

Humans and deer see different. Any good hunting camo will not reflect UV light. Deer can pick up UV light alot better then humans. If its sunny and you are wearing UV reflective camo. You will most likely be seen. All my hunting camo is UV blocking. As long as i have been hunting, i noticed i would never be spotted by deer vs the 2 guys i go with that do not wear UV blocking camo.

Feedback Score
    I've been hunting deer, elk, coyotes, etc for 25 years and used a lot of different camo patterns. I can say without a doubt that i have consistently gotten way closer to animals and avoided detection at close range while wearing leafy wear type camo, than anything else. The ability to break up the silhouette of your form does far more for concealment than the pattern of the camo, IMO. There is a reason ghillie suites are commonly used by snipers.

That being said, i usually only wear my leafy wear camo when i'm bow hunting, muzzleloader hunting, or coyote hunting. If i'm rifle hunting deer or elk, and not planning on needing to get closer than 150 yards, i wear my Sitka gear or something similar, as it doesn't snag on surrounding brush as easily.

Feedback Score
    double tap

Feedback Score
    What ever I can pick up on sale at the end of the season.

Or go to my old fall back USGI woodland BDUs.

Feedback Score
    I'm in Iowa so we get all seasons. Sometimes it seems like all 4 in one day. Anyhow, I really try not to overthink it. I have two ghillie suits. A snow one for winter, and a woodland one for pretty much any other time of the year.

Feedback Score
    FirstLite camo tops, Kuhl khaki/brown pants is all I wear anymore unless its deep cold. If its deep cold I wear a Empire Boreal Wool shirt. For some reason gray green wool seems to blend in as good as any camo in the northern midwestern woods I hunt.

Feedback Score
    Kryptek, first light, kuiu, multicam, 511 geo, anything that doesn't look like a fake tree for Christs sake someones gonna shoot you during Christmas tree hunting seasonin

Lol

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Late season, vintage ASAT from the 80's. A-TACS FG for earlier, primarily if I specifically don't want to appear tactical timmy In all multicam.

And used Multicam/OCP from surplus stores near big Army posts other than Benning.

I have some old propper/tru-spec bdu jackets in multicam which is handy for mild weather.

Brit dpm works pretty well, as does the dutch which is browner. Somewhere over the years I found a one-off British paratrooper smock/field jacket in Rhodesian pattern, Which at the time was actually a good pattern. But now I tend towards stuff with bigger blocks

Cheap and drab is the underlying theme. Academy sports near me closes their camo out late season and I picked up a bunch of decent stuff including some Browning a-tacs FG.

UV & scent control is critical. I've got some tree bark/ mossy wood stuff that I bought for a few bucks that I wear around the house but that stuff lights up white on IR cameras.

Bunch of surplus DCU and woodland BDU that I use as utility jackets when working on the property. Much of which was bought for three to five dollars a jacket.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast