Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: SUV shopping - Nissan or Toyota

Feedback Score
    The new Hyundai are very nice and as stated by above some of the most reliable cars now and with the take over of BMW former Albert Biermann the performance division and N cars are WOW for the money

Ditto Mazda for a drivers car they are one of the better driver cars for cheap(inexpensive equal to competitors options) in handling and road feel while they might miss a touch here or there on what some like As fluff its the balance of putting that money into the road feel
    Mazda on base level vs any other base level model would be the drivers car if you test drove them IMHO and loved driving you would go yeah this is NICE ! not fair to compare them to the Hyundai N since its not a base and price is not the same and the N would be my drivers choice but then you have to say no way new buy a used performance car
    Honda are nice reliable sadly to me they are just so bland ? But nice for sure and cant go wrong with any of the above

When you want performance nothing still is going to touch Porsche and BMW and MB for luxury performance and that next level handling that one has to know they want and know what they are feeling etc...

Subaru are good but also can have odd little issues sadly but I think they are also a great option with great winter traction and fire road drivability with a unique market sadly its the lottery of will it go bad and with modern warranty if you buy new not a huge deal more a pain also not a fan of the newer nicer interiors of the Subaru

Really only the American cars sadly are mostly junk but a tiny few select are fine but still cant hold to Toyota for reliability

And not all Toyota are perfect but title was SUV shopping and nothing can touch the 4Runner or LC for reliability NOTHING

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

SUV shopping - Nissan or Toyota

Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    And what? Get a delicate unreliable drivetrain while simultaneously putting money in the pockets of labor union leftists in Ohio and Michigan? Maybe the plant in Texas where they made my Tacoma was UAW, not sure. But at least I know it stands a good chance of making it to 200k
    That’s mostly bullshit and you know it.

For those of you raging about funding unions, how much per vehicle do you think goes to the union labor vs the engineering, product development, marketing and sales, IT employees in these companies?

Sure your TOYota is put together in the USA. The line worker slapping on bumpers may make $12 an hour. The engineers are making the real money.

All of the real costs are in Japan and you are paying for platforms and power trains that are famously old.

But hey, it’s your fricken money and you asked.

Delicate power trains? Guess you’ve not driven many American products.
    Last edited by HKGuns; 09-16-20 at 16:30.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    Guess you’ve not driven many American products.
    I have not purchased an 'American' car in over 25 years. Purchased Ford Expedition several years ago, in summary it was a complete piece of chit. Rented a chevy impala, on holiday and the engine started smoking driving up a mountain to a rental cabin, have had untoward experiences with American made ford, Chrysler GM vehicles all were 'poor' at best. Never had issues German/Jap vehicles. I know you have a flawless ford f150 with 7 million miles and only changed the oil once or a chevy whatever with 5 million trouble free miles, good for you! My experience with GM /Ford is that they are garbage. Broad brush I know, so be it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Data talks, BS walks. American cars never make Consumer Reports recommended list. It's nearly Japanese cars from top to bottom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Evel Baldgui View Post
    I have not purchased an 'American' car in over 25 years. Purchased Ford Expedition several years ago, in summary it was a complete piece of chit. Rented a chevy impala, on holiday and the engine started smoking driving up a mountain to a rental cabin, have had untoward experiences with American made ford, Chrysler GM vehicles all were 'poor' at best. Never had issues German/Jap vehicles. I know you have a flawless ford f150 with 7 million miles and only changed the oil once or a chevy whatever with 5 million trouble free miles, good for you! My experience with GM /Ford is that they are garbage. Broad brush I know, so be it.
    When jeep people call it a Ford Exploder, you know your product is garbage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    My daily driver is a vintage Lexus Gx470. They are slow but boringly reliable. Total truth about terrible gas mileage, which the tax for the V8’s longevity. Check out the depreciation on many of the used Toyota SUVs and trucks, it is similar to Jeep Wranglers, ie minimal.

Since the OP mentioned his wife drives a lot, checkout the RAV4 as an apple to apple comparison to the Escape. I have had a 2019 RAV4, new body style, as a rental... Was really impressed. I have recently owned a 2018 Honda CRV and 2014 Ford Escape as daily commuter cars (I wanted AWD). The new RAV4 seemed to be in a totally different league and the new CVT was impressive on the interstate. Also, there is a great dealer network.

As a recent Honda owner, I am so-so on them. Short of the Odyssey minivan and the souped up Civics, not sure that Honda does anything better than Toyota. They’ve also had some swings and misses with newer four cylinders.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    A 4Runner is kind of a BCM of SUVs. Nissan would be your M&P Sport.
    That... Is a really great M4C analogy!

I wonder what a G-Wagon would be...KAC, Accuracy International ??
    Politician's Prefer Unarmed Peasants

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingHunter View Post
    That... Is a really great M4C analogy!

I wonder what a G-Wagon would be...KAC, Accuracy International ??
    Salient or Taran.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    Toyota all the way. 4Runner and Land Cruiser are the only ones 100% made in Japan.

A 4Runner is kind of a BCM of SUVs. Nissan would be your M&P Sport.
    And a Jeep Grand Cherokee is the Colt?

I had a 2016 Mazda CX-5 as a daily driver, giving me a break from driving and parking the Duramax in the city. I loved the Mazda and it was 100% reliable and comfortable as a commuter and grocery-getter. I traded it in for a Grand Cherokee a couple of months ago. I love the GC, and wouldn't go back to the Mazda. Not sure how the reliability is going to be, but I think it will be fine. I also drove a Cherokee across the country last month and it was a nice driving and slightly more compact version of my GC. Loved it and it got great mileage.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsunsurf View Post
    And a Jeep Grand Cherokee is the Colt?

I had a 2016 Mazda CX-5 as a daily driver, giving me a break from driving and parking the Duramax in the city. I loved the Mazda and it was 100% reliable and comfortable as a commuter and grocery-getter. I traded it in for a Grand Cherokee a couple of months ago. I love the GC, and wouldn't go back to the Mazda. Not sure how the reliability is going to be, but I think it will be fine. I also drove a Cherokee across the country last month and it was a nice driving and slightly more compact version of my GC. Loved it and it got great mileage.
    Jeep is more in line with DPMS.

Go to dealership row and check out the car rental business nearest- ask which vehicle owners use their services the most- it’s always Jeep!

If Jeep could make anything reliable across the platform I’d be all over it. They just fail over and over and over...
    We interrupt this programme to bring you an important news bulletin: the suspect in the Happy Times All-Girl Glee Club slaying has fled the scene and has managed to elude the police. He is armed and dangerous, and has been spotted in the West Side area, armed with a meat cleaver in one hand and his genitals in the other...

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast