Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rifle buffer on carbine

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

Rifle buffer on carbine

I have an upper with the Magpul PRS (see E&E, I am getting rid of it). I was going to build another long-range AR, but instead turning it into a KISS rifle with a BCM carbine upper. I want to get rid of the PRS, unsure about keeping the buffer/tube, etc. What stock would be a good alternative with the rifle buffer?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    A1 from Brownells.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    As far as the Buffer... rifle works great on carbine.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    As far as the Buffer... rifle works great on carbine.
    Yeah, I read some of the older threads about it on here, just trying to figure out what stock to replace that beast with.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    Yeah, I read some of the older threads about it on here, just trying to figure out what stock to replace that beast with.
    I've not tried the Brownells A1. But I do run some old, vintage m16a/m16a1 stocks with no trap door.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Doesn't Magpul make an A1 stock?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I've been very happy with the Cav Arms A1 stock coupled with an A2 butt plate. The Cav Arms buttplate is way too soft.
    - Jeff

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” ― George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score
    It's A1 length but the style is very different. I have one on my 20" and the QD spots are very nice over the standard rifle stock.

Quote Originally Posted by mig1nc View Post
    Doesn't Magpul make an A1 stock?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Agreed CS, A1 or Magpul MOE, the MOE is nice because it has where you can add quick connect pockets for slings.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have two 14.7" carbines and a 16" midlength paired with A1 length stocks and rifle buffers. They run well.

At some point I want to try out a fixed stock/rifle buffer paired with like a 10.5 - 12.5" upper.

For the stocks themselves, I've used actual A1 stocks in the past but I've since switched to the Brownells reproduction "Type D" stocks that they came out with as part of their Retro parts line in order to take it easy on my originals. The Brownells stocks do feel a bit cheap and I've heard some people raise concerns about the durability but I personally have not had issues. If they break, I'll just go back to my actual surplus A1 stocks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast