Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: daewoo rifles

Feedback Score

daewoo rifles

After many 5.56 Semi Auto rifles I have owned both DI GAS Stag, RRA, DPMS, Colt, BM, Sabre Defense and many more and Piston, POF, Adams Arms, Stag. I have come to a conclusion that the Koreans got it right in the 1980's.
    Externally similar in appearance to the AR18, its bolt carrier group is derived from the American M16 rifle but only some of the parts are interchangeable. The gas operating system is derived from the AK-47, and is consequently different from that of the M16
    My Daewoo K2 shoots great for a Battle rifle, accuracy is 1 MOA, 18 inch 1/7 twist barrel with SS109 ammunition it has a folding stock, takes standard AR mags and is not a DI converted to a piston as many have done.

In my mind it is one of the 5.56 battle rifles (not Precision rifles)

I have gone away from gas DI guns modified to be piston guns, the Scar 16 and Daewoo were made ground up to be piston guns

and yes parts are available in the USA, IE: the quad rail on mine and the 90 Degree Safety.

so for those looking for something different and reliable, look at the woo.

FYI DR200 series rifle are 1/12 twist, not the rifle I am referring to, look into the K1/2 or AR100 models but check twist rate as they tend to very

bottom photo is not mine, its a K1A1 photo from Daewoo rifle forum

now I will admit my 18 inch 3-gun AR DI is more accurate then the k2, but only by 1/2 moa, shooting at the distance the battle rifle is designed for, it is just fine.
    DA - B4 1992
    SOTIC 1993
    getting old but can still shoot

in memory of Harvey, 5th SFG Sniper Locker

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the picture of the insides, I've always wanted to see the guts of it.

It has always puzzled me how Korea got the piston AR right more than 20 years ago and so many fail to do nowdays. And they also got rid of the giant buffer too.

Maybe buffers and piston don't get along afterall...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SOTIC1993 View Post
    bottom photo is not mine, its a K1A1 photo from Daewoo rifle forum
    That's a pretty good facsimile of how the ROK Marines are currently configuring their K-1A1s.

Feedback Score
    yep very close, I am impressed so far with my K2, accuracy is better then I expected
    DA - B4 1992
    SOTIC 1993
    getting old but can still shoot

in memory of Harvey, 5th SFG Sniper Locker

Feedback Score
    Bit of a bump, but I'm glad to see a Daewoo again. Where did you get the parts to add a rail to your rifle? How much weight did it add?

-B
    RIP, Jeff Dorr: 1964 - July 17, 2009

"When young men seek to be like you, when lazy men resent you, when powerful men look over their shoulder at you, when cowardly men plot behind your back, when corrupt men wish you were gone and evil men want you dead . . . Only then will you have done your share." - Phil Messina

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    very interesting rifle. I am a bit ashamed to admit, but I have never even heard of these until seeing this thread.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    If only the charging handle knob wasn't so fragile.

BTW, the K-1 is a DI, not a piston rifle, I own both.
    My brother saw Deliverance and bought a Bow. I saw Deliverance and bought an AR-15.

Feedback Score

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by SOTIC1993 View Post
    <edited>
    I have come to a conclusion that the Koreans got it right in the 1980's.
    I wholeheartedly agree! Woo's give me a special feeling
    beware of the bearers of false gifts and their broken promises

buckshot for bad guys
    birdshot for birdies
    repeat

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I would LOVE to see somebody make a Product-Improved K-2 with the past thrity years of updates like a picatinny rail on the upper and a full-length rail handguard plus other minor upgrades.
    My brother saw Deliverance and bought a Bow. I saw Deliverance and bought an AR-15.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BAC View Post
    Bit of a bump, but I'm glad to see a Daewoo again. Where did you get the parts to add a rail to your rifle? How much weight did it add?

-B
    Check Daewoo Rifle Parts for Daewoo parts & accessories.
    They have surplus and USA made parts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast