Thread: Latest build! DD, FN, Geissele.

Feedback Score

Latest build! DD, FN, Geissele.

It took me a little while to get it all together had a buddy hook me up on the upper (stripped upper and barrel ) and I managed to find the FN lower that wasn't separated from a rifle, I thought that was cool because I didn't think FN just sold lowers stripped.

This is really my first "serious" build and I can't wait to go shoot it.

Enough blabbering here is the specs.

Daniel Defense 14.5 upper pinned w/ smith vortex 4P
    DD Lite 12.0 rail
    Surefire M600U w/ UE07 pressure switch
    Radian Raptor CH
    DD BCG
    DD front&rear fixed irons
    Eotech EXPS 3-2
    Ferro concepts slingster w/ DD QD
    GG&G VFG

FNH Lower
    Geissele SSA-E
    Radian Talon
    LMT sopmod
    SI bolt release
    Colt H1 buffer

IMG_4227.jpg
    IMG_4230.JPG
    IMG_4231.jpg
    Last edited by Error404; 11-10-19 at 17:50.
    Zechariah 13:6 (KJV)

And one shall say unto him, What are these wounds in thine hands? Then he shall answer, Those with which I was wounded in the house of my friends.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

ETA: disregard.
    Last edited by Wake27; 11-13-19 at 07:39.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Hey Wake27, I have to ask man, since no one else has.... either I am missing something here or I clearly haven't read the rule either.LOL
    I haven't see anything "ERROR404" has done, that I haven't seen 100+ times before?

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Clearly you haven't read the rules.

OKAY, Wait a second, LOL I just noticed ERROR404 has edited his Thread after your reply... MY ERROR... Get it, My ERROR
    Last edited by RVTMaverick; 11-13-19 at 07:13.
    The lessons that we learn are written the tomb stones of others. -Reid Henrichs

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by RVTMaverick View Post
    Hey Wake27, I have to ask man, since no one else has.... either I am missing something here or I clearly haven't read the rule either.LOL
    I haven't see anything "ERROR404" has done, that I haven't seen 100+ times before?

OKAY, Wait a second, LOL I just noticed ERROR404 has edited his Thread after your reply... MY ERROR... Get it, My ERROR
    Actually, I’m glad you brought it up. I could’ve sworn that the rules stated you had to provide more than just a parts list and picture - I thought there had to be some explanation of the rifle’s purpose and why you chose the parts that you did. Like a d-bag, I called out the post before verifying my assumption and was wrong.

Sorry I suck, OP. I can’t do anything Strike Industries, mostly because they’ve been known to blatantly steal designs from others, but looks like a solid parts list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Wake27; 11-13-19 at 07:40.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Error404 View Post
    It took me a little while to get it all together had a buddy hook me up on the upper (stripped upper and barrel ) and I managed to find the FN lower that wasn't separated from a rifle, I thought that was cool because I didn't think FN just sold lowers stripped.

This is really my first "serious" build and I can't wait to go shoot it.

Enough blabbering here is the specs.

Daniel Defense 14.5 upper pinned w/ smith vortex 4P
    DD Lite 12.0 rail
    Surefire M600U w/ UE07 pressure switch
    Radian Raptor CH
    DD BCG
    DD front&rear fixed irons
    Eotech EXPS 3-2
    Ferro concepts slingster w/ DD QD
    GG&G VFG

FNH Lower
    Geissele SSA-E
    Radian Talon
    LMT sopmod
    SI bolt release
    Colt H1 buffer

IMG_4227.jpg
    IMG_4230.JPG
    IMG_4231.jpg
    Looks like a well thought out carbine. Are you going to chuck a light on that pig, or isn't that something needed for its role. I've got plenty of weapons without lights, I swap my lights as needed, so I'm certainly not throwing stones.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    You’ve got some excellent taste OP, solid parts. Liking the Lite 12, been getting back to quad rails myself. Happy shooting!

Feedback Score
    Awesome build. That's the exact sight setup I was moving to as well with the Eotech and DD fixed sights....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Actually, I’m glad you brought it up. I could’ve sworn that the rules stated you had to provide more than just a parts list and picture - I thought there had to be some explanation of the rifle’s purpose and why you chose the parts that you did. Like a d-bag, I called out the post before verifying my assumption and was wrong.

Sorry I suck, OP. I can’t do anything Strike Industries, mostly because they’ve been known to blatantly steal designs from others, but looks like a solid parts list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No problem!

I'm a dummy, I post a thread then edit it to my liking it's just that I was slow that night

Edit: So far on another rifle the strike industries bolt catch has worked flawlessly, I was on the fence about it for awhile and I decide to try it although I plan on switching to a Geissele bolt catch for sure in the future.
    Last edited by Error404; 11-17-19 at 19:48.

And one shall say unto him, What are these wounds in thine hands? Then he shall answer, Those with which I was wounded in the house of my friends.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Looks like a well thought out carbine. Are you going to chuck a light on that pig, or isn't that something needed for its role. I've got plenty of weapons without lights, I swap my lights as needed, so I'm certainly not throwing stones.
    I have a surefire m600U on the other side just didn't snap a pic of it because the neighbor was looking at me awfully funny lol

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Aetius View Post
    You’ve got some excellent taste OP, solid parts. Liking the Lite 12, been getting back to quad rails myself. Happy shooting!
    I love mlok I do....But nothing is like quad, the DD lite is a very robust rail while being lighter than the RIS 2.

I recommend this rail for sure.